• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Couple hours at the beach today..

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Diggerct and myself hit a CT beach today and while working a depression out in the water saw a women taking pictures and I called in and it was Carol :grin:

We could only really work 2 hours before lowtide because Digger had to pick his children up from school..

Digger pulled a really nice 14k two tone gold ring with a diamond and right after that I got a half dollar and I was interested in knowing what it was and Carol and I opened up the cookie coin and it was a 1942 half dollar... I then pulled that cameo its old and as it sat in my finds pouch the stones started falling out :o( I then got a whisper in the threshold and I knew whatever it was, was going to be deep... After 6 or so scoops I pulled that wedding band... I love old rings and the date inside the band is 6-23-28... There is a name in there as well but I'm sure they are no longer with us...

Also hit a lot of change and not too much junk as you can see...

I read a lot of hype about what detector is right and as far as I am concerned if you can't read a beach in the water, it doesn't matter what detector you are using... I am successful because I know where to hunt and what look for while in the water... I won't find a ring everyday but I know if I don't find one in a particular spot it doesn't mean I won't find one in that same spot tomorrow... Every tide change, every gust of wind changes that beach and how it looks everyday...

I'll get off the soap box now :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Cfmct/P1010497.jpg

Attachments

• P1010497.jpg
    P1010497.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
It's amazing to find something so personal like that that's so old.
Or at least I imagine it WILL be! ;)

Nice finds Craig. Even in the water you're pulling out half dollars, that's great.

WTG buddy. Twas a great day for ya eh. Gotta tell ya, being able to at least see other peoples finds right now is making this winter a lot more bearable. Keep up da good work eh :lol:

Thx Max... I wasn't sure if it was Carol or not at first... I was pretty far out... It was a good day.. I just wish I had brought my camera to take a picture of Raymonds ring it was pretty nice and I believe from England from the makers marks... Whats great about being out in the deep water is there is very little trash..

The Best

Well it looks as if I cant talk to you any more.Im sure glad your not on the side of my sound there will be nothing let for me to find. Nice guys way to go :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
L.I. MIke

Re: The Best

L.I.Mike said:
Well it looks as if I cant talk to you any more.Im sure glad your not on the side of my sound there will be nothing let for me to find. Nice guys way to go :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
L.I. MIke

What are you talking about Willis? :lol:

We do our part to Keep America clean... :D

way to go Craig! Man thats a nice days loot. Keep the water posts coming, despite an amazingly mild winter our lakes are well frozen..

Can't wait for thaw...

Craig great finds the ring must have so much history...And its great to be back on..i know of a old swimming hole which is part of a famous river....close by....Mike

Congrats on the great finds. Wow!! 1928 wedding band, That just goes to show you will never know what may come up. :grin:

Love that old gold too! - Nice to find spots like that - They are getting few and far now a days - Keep it up!

Maybe your very first post?

WTG Craig!! Oldie but goodie!

Nice old gold. But when I read a beach , its from the beach
You say reading a beach when you're IN the water. What am I missing here ?

WTG Craig!! Oldie but goodie!

Are you ok Joe? :lol:

No... that was not first finds that was at what is called today by those in the know the happy hunting grounds...

I started plundering beaches further south at PI JOE's home beach... its how I met PI JOE he was sitting watching me from a pavilion and decided to take a walk down and started asking me questions about water hunting and because I was killing the gold at his beach I didn't want his company pillaging it so I told him he would do much better at beaches further south that Raymond and I had already tidied up :lol: back then were were using VLF's on the wet and dry sand...

That day I was working a trough alone I can't remember how I did that day... but it was the beach I found my first gold on which I wear today... first 4 gold from Joes beach were all wedding bands... first hunt after 3 weeks of finding every piece of iron and tiny steel staples over a foot down with my PI PRO I was ready to fling that detector into the water... I hated it coming from being a dirt hunter... the next day I found 1 gold so I went back with Raymond and I pulled 3 gold rings on the wet sand around one of these swimming balls they anchor out in water to keep you swimming inside of you and the rest is history... I loved my PI after those two hunts

Raymond was a great guy I met him hunting a beach... I started working for him doing his landscaping but every time I found gold he would utter under his breath 25 years of hunting alone and now I am sharing finds :lol: Every time I found gold he had to utter those words... he uttered them an awful lot...

Raymond is no longer with us... he had moved back home to Texas to bring up his two boys with his wife... while there he got sick and passed.... he died way too young 67... he was a great guy but didn't like sharing the gold and he shared a lot of it :lol:

Nice old gold. But when I read a beach , its from the beach
You say reading a beach when you're IN the water. What am I missing here ?

When I'm out in water I am scanning the slopes for low spots... I wanted to keep those tidy as well... its not like I look down all the while hunting I want to know my surroundings that beach one hunt was used by the local hoodlums to use a water hunter as their target for their guns... the guy heard the bullets whistling by him... good thing they weren't good shots...

Back
Top Bottom