Elton on Findmall passed away....

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?61,2478450

Several here have been on Findmall, some still are, some were kicked off and never went back while others got banned and came back under another name.
That was me, I am DIGGER27 in one form or another on most other forums but in that one I am REVIER for this reason.
I still like hanging out in that forum, some of the members can get pretty technical about these tools and settings and I love that.

The reason I got kicked off was because of a conversation I had with Elton using their message system.
I mentioned some things to Elton that the owner might want to think about doing to make his forum more popular.
Those messages are not private over there, the owner read them and got upset I even dared to think there was room for improvement in his forum so I got banned.
I was shocked, when I was young I couldn't wait to get older so I wouldn't have to deal with immature and illogical people anymore...turns out lots of those younger immature people didn't grow up and get smarter, more logical or gain common sense...
Sometimes they just got older.

Elton sent me a message before they wiped me from the forum, even he seemed confused about what was happening and why.
I had some dealings with him again after I rejoined, he was very helpful in fulfilling a request I had about editing a thread I had started.

Not everyone got along with Elton I am sure, plenty have issues with other mods, admins and the owner over there too but I always thought Elton was one of the better ones there...nicer, more logical with much more common sense than most.

He was supportive of everyone, helped out when he could, had a great sense of humor and was a great buffer between the members and the administration.
God knows they need people like that over there in that sometimes crazy place.
Just another unsung guy that spent his free time watching and moderating, not for money but purely because he loved the hobby and that forum.

I, for one, will miss him.

RIP buddy.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this...I remember that you and me and Tabman all got started around the same time in this Sport and on that Forum....I very nearly got the chance to hunt with him on my way through his area a long time ago...We had a lot of great conversations....A guy should probably go out and plant a Merc dime someplace obvious in a park in his memory...

RIP Elton, streets of gold for you...

Last edited:
I know that he was a very good man and it is sad that he has passed, because I thought I was seeing a change in how things were managed over there. Over the years I attempted to fit in but the shill influence there made it nearly impossible to mention anything that might be considered negative as far as a new machines performance. It seemed like some they would just go into the attack mode when a point of disagreement came up. Being banned from there was a point of honor I was told. Maybe the new management will take heed and follow what it appeared he had started. RIP Elton.

Back
Top Bottom