Silver Beach silvers with the old XS...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
I bought this Explorer XS as a Christmas present for myself last December and it was pretty much sitting since then...decided to blow the dust off the almost antique detector:laughing:with a visit to the windy beach as the rain moved out this morning... I rarely
get out for a hunt anywhere these days but the beach looked good for the first time in months...last night's waves had moved some overburden off the slope on my home beach, taking away just enough sand for the small coil to find some keepers that were still a couple or 3 scoops deep. A bigger coil would have uncovered more...with the 6x8 swapped over from the Ex II, I ran the XS with sens set at 28 in manual for the 2 hour hunt... Everything......the usual beach scrap including a Felix:lol: 55 cents in clad, 5 wheats, a crusted 1890's Indian... a Buffalo... and the 3 silver dimes... silvers #10, #11 and #12... It may be old...but the XS is probably the best sub $300 used beach machine available these days:yes: I've heard they work pretty well in the dirt too:D So there you have it...no need for a Equinox or any of those other new kool-aid flavors:heartylaugh: That's all for this outing so thanks for the looks, see you after the next and Happy Hunting to all!

Last edited:
WTG! Why so fewer hunts lately? Has interest waned or other obligations? As much silver as you have found I could see it being ho hum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You found silver without a Nox? :laughing: I think you would be able to find more than just one ME penny with a Nox though! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom