Metal detecting cache pouch

MargeShrimpson

Forum Supporter
I'm looking for a decent rugged pouch to put my metals in while I detect. I would like something with at least two pockets so I can separate the trash from the good stuff. It would also need to be able to get submerged. So what do you guys use and are happy with?

Well, I'm a bit different...I find all sorts of nice abandoned nylon lunch bags in the totlots, some still with food in them even! I turn them into my finds pouches! I also find a few abandoned Lifejackets per season, the ones I cant resell, I pull out the straps along with the plastic buckles to use as a belt...Then, I simply punch a few holes in the bottom of the lunchbags for drainage, thread them onto the lifejacket straps...not fancy, but free..easy to replace...

I guess the deal is, you really dont have to BUY a pouch if you dont want to...:laughing:

Last edited:
Well, I'm a bit different...I find all sorts of nice abandoned nylon lunch bags in the totlots, some still with food in them even! I turn them into my finds pouches! I also find a few abandoned Lifejackets per season, the ones I cant resell, I pull out the straps along with the plastic buckles to use as a belt...Then, I simply punch a few holes in the bottom of the lunchbags for drainage, thread them onto the lifejacket straps...not fancy, but free..easy to replace...

I guess the deal is, you really dont have to BUY a pouch if you dont want to...:laughing:

Absolutely! While I DEFINITELY re-purpose poor unwanted items often, I'm a spaz about my finds pouch for some reason...After using a bunch of different options from free to way overpriced including pieces from all the detector manufacturers and I've determined for my use the Omega Mill Coin Elite and Relic Elite are really great products if you're not against spending about $30 for the smaller Coin or about $40 for the Relic. Super well made, good zippers and velcro. I have a Coin Elite with a custom dropped hangar that puts it lower on the hip and love the thing! The Relic was a little big for my use but is a great piece nonetheless.

Here's hoping you fill whatever you go with quickly with shiny treasures! :aok:

I think I will get that one. But I'm a little confused as to what the difference is between the left hand and right hand one. I use the pin pointer with my right hand and usually put my finds in my pocket with my left hand? What difference does it make?

I think I will get that one. But I'm a little confused as to what the difference is between the left hand and right hand one. I use the pin pointer with my right hand and usually put my finds in my pocket with my left hand? What difference does it make?

The left or right is the position of the pinpointer holder.... which side of your body are you going to carry the pouch?
Look at their photos so you can determine the L/R model you want. I would assume that you want your pinpointer in front of the pouch when it's on your belt.

Hope that helps you out. Good luck!

If I was getting another one, I would get the larger relic size. The extra space comes in handy sometimes.

I'm looking for a decent rugged pouch to put my metals in while I detect. I would like something with at least two pockets so I can separate the trash from the good stuff. It would also need to be able to get submerged. So what do you guys use and are happy with?

You mentioned submerged, if your using it in the water Omega Mill also makes a Surf Elite pouch, lets water drain out and not turn into a water balloon

X2 on the White's pouch. Lots of extras inside main compartment to hold pinpointer digger water bottle ect. And zipper pouch for good stuff and holders for tooth brush loupe and tooth picks mesh bottom so no dirt fills the bag.

Back
Top Bottom