White Wash Cache Saved...

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
an otherwise... YAWN.

Up at 5:00 for the low tide. My third or fourth signal in the white wash hits hard. The water recedes and I see a couple rocks, not out of place, but one looks a little weird. The white wash comes in again, and the weird one moves. I swing towards it and get a hit. I scoop it up, swing the detector over the spot it covered, and silence. Reach into the scoop and the rock is soft... Saran Wrap filled with sand. Run it over the coil and it goes off. Break open the plastic and there's a handful of quarters... exactly 40 of them. :thumbsup:

They're all the dark colored quarters in the sifter. A few are crusted. No silver, but none newer than 1990 (all eagle-backed). Silver rings are fun to find, but I'll take this any day.

IMG_4470.jpg

Finished the day with $14.95.

Raider Regards,

R5

Sweet $10 in one scoop! Most of the plastic baggies around here underwater have sand and/or dog poo in them....I always swing coil over them though just in case!:laughing:

:wow:That's crazy, but a nice scoop when it totals $10.00 DL
Thanks DL. Finding a ten-spot is one thing, but a $10 quarter cache is sweet!

That's a nice haul. Id take that over $2 in silver melt anyday:yes:
I know... right? I enjoy finding the silver coins, but a pretty little two-gram 925 ring is worth... wait for it... $1.00!

It has been so long since I've seen $10 bucks from the beach in one day I would mess my self if I hit it in one scoop.:lol:
Just amazing that it rolled around in the ocean without breaking the thin plastic wrap. Nothing older than 1990. Could it really have been there that long?

nice find. it must have hurt your ears on that signal:laughing:
I had the sens on the SovWOT at about 11:30 and yes, it was going off a as I approached. Very "warbly". The high tone return threshold clued me it was gonna be good. :D

R5

Another one of those mystery finds that you wonder how that got there. Nice score!

I got excited when I had 4 quarters in the scoop. Don't know if my old heart would take having 40 of them in the scoop. that is a win in anyone's book

Back
Top Bottom