Contest - Eyeball Finds!

emdees

Forum Supporter
First contest of 2009 - Eyeball finds!

Since the warmer climates have a definite advantage for regular MD-ing, this contest will be very fair. Whoever finds the most eyeball finds between January 1st and January 31st, 2009, will win a LED coin counting bank (see link below).

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=23706&highlight=counter

You can play if you live out of the United States, but the U.S. resident with the highest points will get the prize (too expensive to mail internationally).

Honor system!

Clad U.S. Coins - face value in points
Any foreign coin or bill - 5 points
Tokens - 20 points
Revised: U.S. Bills count, too! 100 points for $1, 500 points for $5, 1,000 points for $10...

Revised: In addition to the above points, extra points for:
Wheaties - 25 points
Anything real silver - REVISED: 500 points (coins, jewelry)
Anything real gold - REVISED: 1,000 points (coins, jewelry)
ANYTHING you found that you return to the original owner by Jan. 31st - REVISED: 2,000 points! (rings, dog tags, keys...)

I made an Excel 2007 spreadsheet for anyone who would like to use it to track their totals. If you send an me a PM with your email address, I'll forward it to you!

REVISED: This post will be for questions and sharing finds.

I'll start another thread on January 31st to post your total points and the breakdown of your finds, and will pick the winner from that post on the night of February 1st!

Eyeball finds = things you find without a detector?

Okay... everybody hit the parking lots where they push the snow!!!! :D

Since the ground is frozen here in CT I went Coin Star hopping.. I'm assuming these count since I did Eyeball them in the reject slot..

2 Tokens
4 Foreign coins thought the Canadian was Silver :shock:

60 points for me

Bruce

Attachments

• Picture 136.jpg
    Picture 136.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 657
Do I need pics..?

I found 2 memorial pennies in Walgreen's parking lot yesterday...
2 points ? :wow:

Since the ground is frozen here in CT I went Coin Star hopping.. I'm assuming these count since I did Eyeball them in the reject slot..

2 Tokens

60 points for me

Bruce

Coinstar finds count! :yes: You're off to a GREAT start!

Thanks! Just a thought, I was also wondering if Wheaties or any Silver given back as change would count. You have to eyeball those too right? Anyways should be a fun contest make the winter non-hunting times go faster..

Bruce

I found a 20.00 bill last night. It was sitting in a median. My wife was driving, I opened the door and started laughing "free dinner."
How many points?

I found a 20.00 bill last night. It was sitting in a median. My wife was driving, I opened the door and started laughing "free dinner."
How many points?
Give me the 20, and say I was the original owner, you'll get 200 points...:lol:

Ok Question here?...I found a manila envenlope on the ground next to a dumpster where I work, with change and tokens in it, (haven't counted it yet), will that count?

Thanks! Just a thought, I was also wondering if Wheaties or any Silver given back as change would count. You have to eyeball those too right? Anyways should be a fun contest make the winter non-hunting times go faster..

Bruce

You found it in your change... so it counts!

emdees

How many points?

Wahoo for you! I'll edit my original post.... both US coins and bills count. A $20 bill is 2,000 points... relative to finding 2,000 pennies!

emdees

OK...So the manila envenlope I found counts...Here's the totol of it, plus 1 Silver Locket I found,(.925):

8 Quarters 200 points
12 Dimes 120 points
4 Nickles 20 points
73 Pennies 73 points
8 car wash tokens 160 points
1 Silver Locket 50 points
Total to date: 623 points

This will be fun...Year before last I found over $120.00 in change where I work...:D

Cool contest ! '09 finds so far - 22 pennies,1 nickel, 1 dime, 3 quarters, one 14k earring found in the gutter beside the 4 - lane...that's 212 points if my math is correct...Roadrunner

2 Tokens

60 points for me

Bruce

Can anyone inform me where the Coin Star reject slot is?? I wish to Coin Star hop :yes:

Back
Top Bottom