UPDATE: Huge Day - 110 silvers, Day Two - 29 silver

FloridaDigger

I wasn't sure if I was going to post this but here's what happened....

I got a box from the bank and found the jackpot. There were 5 rolls that were clearly very old and each of them were full of silver. i couldn't beleive it and had to stop to collect myself when I realized what just happened.

48 - 90%, 11 Bens, 2 Walkers, the rest '64 Kens.
62 - 40%

Total of 110 silvers from the first 10 rolls I opened. The rest of the box looks like newer rolls so I will finish those today but in the spirit of transparency I wanted to share.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:
Nice score! Was this box a mish-mash of mwr and cwr or did you buy some loose rolls? Looks like you found some old bank rolled coins, are they UNC?

If you found these yesterday I gimme laugh because yesterday was the one year anniversary of me hitting the jackpot. (31 90% and 36 40%) Yours beats mine down! This is probably one of the best (if not the best) box of halves I've ever seen posted on here.

Great! Im glad to see this happen for someone else. This happen to us about the same time last year. It DOES happen. Not as often as we would like :laughing: I love seeing that many 90%ers. Its a great feeling when you open the roll and see all the bling! Dang FD your off to a great start. Now when you get a few here and there you most likely wont even feel like posting it lol I wonder if them rolls have been sitting in the bank vault for 30-40 years? Probably, Sometimes the sun shines out a dogs ass and it did for you. CONGRATS Now spread good karma.
Thanks for sharing too
HH DD

Nice score! Was this box a mish-mash of mwr and cwr or did you buy some loose rolls? Looks like you found some old bank rolled coins, are they UNC?

I opened an account so they could order me a box. They had some on hand so I took what they had on hand so they piled them all into a couple of quater boxes for me. The 5 were the only "old" looking ones. All the rest are newer CWR... Here are the boxes before I started. Not completely full and I didn't know it at the time but one of the old rolls is on the left side of the picture. You can see the darker coin on the end of the roll.

Thanks for the post! I'm still stunned!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 760
If you found these yesterday I gimme laugh because yesterday was the one year anniversary of me hitting the jackpot. (31 90% and 36 40%) Yours beats mine down! This is probably one of the best (if not the best) box of halves I've ever seen posted on here.

Thanks! I did find it yesterday! I got the box on Friday but didn't start looking until last night. I still can't believe it...

Great! Im glad to see this happen for someone else. This happen to us about the same time last year. It DOES happen. Not as often as we would like :laughing: I love seeing that many 90%ers. Its a great feeling when you open the roll and see all the bling! Dang FD your off to a great start. Now when you get a few here and there you most likely wont even feel like posting it lol I wonder if them rolls have been sitting in the bank vault for 30-40 years? Probably, Sometimes the sun shines out a dogs ass and it did for you. CONGRATS Now spread good karma.
Thanks for sharing too
HH DD

Many thanks! The weird part is the bank I got them from has only been there for 10-15yrs or so. They must have been in someone's closet or something until recently.

To even the posts I will post the results of the rest of the rolls...I'm sure it will be MUCH less exciting! LOL!!!

HH and Good Karma to ALL!!!!

What a great haul! Realize that collections are currently being dumped, and now's the time to clean up! I've seen this happen back in the early 1980's when the silver price crashed, and this is a repeat of history -:chaplin:

Back
Top Bottom