I found one coin today. But it was one on my bucket list

goodmore

Forum Supporter
I took the CTX with stock coil for a walk today. I hunted a place that I have hit with friends before. An old Mill. This is some of the meanest detecting there is. Just large deep junk that rings in as shallow coins. Well I pulled one keeper today. 12-38 about 4 inches deep. I dug the top of a soda can at seven inches about two feet away. Amazing how it works. I have found seated before. Enough to make me say "wow" a seated. Not too many back flips for them anymore. I have dug a Canadian silver five cent coin before. But this is my first American half dime. I thought it was a small button in the dirt. No mint mark. Liberty is very visible. A very nice coin. Now to find that three center.

Attachments

• DSCN0566.JPG
    DSCN0566.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 779
  • DSCN0568.JPG
    DSCN0568.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:
Very Nice. Still looking for one of these Half Dimes. I have found 3, 3 cent pieces in the last month, but they are all holed, two of them have 2 holes. They are so thin that it would be easy to cast them aside, thinking they are just trash. Congrats on the Half Dime !!

Golly, that is a nice one isn't it! Almost looks like it was in a fire..

Just amazing!!! I wanna half dime sooo bad!! and a three center lol! I bought one and it came today man it's small!!! That's a holy grail coin for me!

Thanks to all of you. I think I have a little more motivation to get out there now. I hope every one of you get to cross one off your list before the season is over.

First time I saw anyone find one of those. So, is a half dime worth 5 cents?

Good work man.

That is a great looking coin! From the sound of the place you found it, seems like you sure earned it!

Back
Top Bottom