Tell Us How You Chose Your Online Name

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
Lots of us have online "handles" that are not so straight forward. Also I am curious how you started beach hunting.

My handle is imalookin2 and is simple. It means I am looking too, just like you. I started hunting shortly after moving to Florida 2 years ago. I was sitting on a grass lawn at a spring fed swimming beach near Crystal River. I thought to myself there must be a lot of rings lost in that cold water. So it began........

Names like CanSlaw are easy to understand but there is still a story behind that. :D Post how you chose your name and how you got interested in beach hunting.

Things must be slow around here :roll:

My initials followed by my state..

I started beach hunting by chance... was talking to an oldtimer on the beach about how many pieces of gold he found back in the 80's and I wanted some of it...:D

I was born in Connecticut, (and I'll be buried there someday). Bought my Excal after reading much of the beach forum. You guys helped me decide on a machine. I still hunt the dirt a little, but am addicted to the water now.....:yes:

CanSlaw came from the beach area I hunt. They dredged the boating channel that was full of beer cans on to our beaches not once but twice. As the beer can go through the dredger the get shopped up into CanSlaw

I started relic hunting in 93 or 94 but it was to hot in the summer to dirt hunt, so I started water hunting. When gas started getting so high the fist time, it didn't pay to drive so far to relic hunt so water hunting became all year. I think that was 98? Bought a wet suit and haven't looked back..well maybe once or twice :grin:

CanSlaw came from the beach area I hunt. They dredged the boating channel that was full of beer cans
I'll vouch for you on that, first time I hunted FM beach, CS every where.

Beechnut......my treasure

olde.........I am

Mine's my last name. I'm fortunate in that it's not a very common one, so I use it for most online forums.

When I first got my black lab I was sitting between the two of them when they decided to have a go at it...ended up with a nice little hole in my arm. Dogs eventually got it all sorted out and became great friends. We lost the yellow on Thanksgiving day, 2011 but he'll be with me in my heart for the rest of my life.

Attachments

• 100_0765.jpg
    100_0765.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 339
I attended a religious retreat and when you completed the weekend, you were called a "pescadore" or "fisher of men"

I picked mine because Terry Soloman was already taken. :mad:

Not if you change the a to an o.:laughing:
One day I dropped a car part in the grass. Never thought about a pointer to look for it. Googled how to make your own metal detector. Once they started talking about taking apart an old radio and getting two different types of CD discs and it would only detect about a 1/4" I just bought a metal detector instead.:laughing:
I use a different name everywhere. I'm not in it to be popular or make money. And Hotrod Larry I think is an actors name :laughing:
Itsaring! is what I say in my mind when I dig up a ring. If it was itsachain! i'd only know my own name like once a year.
I thought Imalookin2 had to do with eye candy at the beach:lol:

I don't have a creative bone in my body so I just used my intials too..... I started beach hunting 4 years ago after reading all I could on the many forums and decided that there was more gold to be found at the beach.... so being landlocked in the Pa/Oh area, I started taking beach vacations for the first time in my life.... after the first gold rings, I couldn't wait for vacations so I decided a move to Florida would work..... I guess I could have changed my name to Imamovin..... but that could have had other connotations..... :laughing:

Cliff

imalookin2 = you see lot of gold...
Cfmct = Strong man of detecting..
oldbeechnut= Treasure...
Hotrod Tom= King of gold...
dogbit= You sniff the gold...
itsaring!= you find lot of gold rings...

Back
Top Bottom