The wifes permission

Aquaman

Elite Member
Who here has to get it before they can go hunt?
(sorry lady pirates out there, just keepin it real).

Interesting question :lol: I tell her when I am going detecting... she grumbles when I tell her I am going on the weekend but I come back with... you never get up early... you like staying in bed watching TV... I almost never watch TV.. the only show I watch is the O'Reilly factor then I read... they like to put on a show :laughing:

I only hear about it if there is a conflict of something I said I would do "tomorrow". Other than that, never a problem.

I check with the wife to make sure there aren't any other plans that I don't know about. Sometimes there are things that need to get done before play time.......I can't think of one right now but there are. Theres give and take in every marriage.......I give her my paycheck and she takes it. :lol:

The "honey do list" I hold near and dear. Always make it a point to cross those duties off the list when completed. No it's the, "I let you go hunting so now I get to"...that's giving me dry rot:lol:
My wife could care less, has no interrest in what I find. She's just not a jewelry person. Probably a good thing right:?:

Me and my wife schedule stuff weekly on a calendar. My daughter has severe health issues though so we've only actually been off together alone like 10 times in 25 years. And that was over 20 years ago. I even have to come out of the water constantly and check my cellphone. It's a PITA but what can you do? If you are used to it it doesn't bother you too much. Only movie i saw in 25 years at the theatre was Braham stokers dracula. Just think of the money i saved to be able to detect:yes:

Me and my wife schedule stuff weekly on a calendar. My daughter has severe health issues though so we've only actually been off together alone like 10 times in 25 years. And that was over 20 years ago. I even have to come out of the water constantly and check my cellphone. It's a PITA but what can you do? If you are used to it it doesn't bother you too much. Only movie i saw in 25 years at the theatre was Braham stokers dracula. Just think of the money i saved to be able to detect:yes:

Raising someone with special needs has got to be the hardest job in the world. Much respect itsaring.

I not so much as getting permission as letting her know i have my own plans for a few hours while she is at work.If i have any household projects done it normally not a problem, but she does consider it a big waste of time. My wife has a part time job on the weekend and figures if she is working more then 40 hours a week i should be busy keeping up the house.

I dont ask permission but I try to be considerate and detect when she has stuff going on so she's not just sitting at home.

I also plan trips ahead of time so I can say when Ill be gone.

My wife makes me go. Actually she usually goes with me. I can hardly keep up. I think she like to try to wear me out in the field so that I have no energy at home for some reason? :?:

My wife get more upset for some reason when i tell her when ill be back. I also have to read her..... you can tell when shes getting moody. Thats not good..... i really like my stuff, id hate to give her the house and me get just the detectors.:laughing: I think we all have heard the ..... you only like your detector. I believe some people on here even sleep with the detector.:laughing:

Dew

No problem

Ladies jewelry isn't usually heavy enough to make a big difference in my yearly gold horde, so I'm more than happy to present her with every one I find. As a result, she has more jewelry than 5 of her friends and I have no problem getting her blessing to hunt anytime I want. Win/win.:bling::bling::bling::mder::mder::mder:

Oddly enough my wife actually asks me if im going to the beach hunting and if I say not sure she says "you should go". Im on to her though. She likes my gold finds, i get exercise (lost 10 pounds) and im out of her hair at dinner time. So i go along with it reluctantly ;).

Oddly enough my wife actually asks me if im going to the beach hunting and if I say not sure she says "you should go". Im on to her though. She likes my gold finds, i get exercise (lost 10 pounds) and im out of her hair at dinner time. So i go along with it reluctantly ;).

My wife asks on occasion do you want to go hunting today and when I say to her I am going she cops an attitude and says weekends are for us..then I ask her why did you ask me then? women are way too complicated :laughing:

My wife get more upset for some reason when i tell her when ill be back. I also have to read her..... you can tell when shes getting moody. Thats not good..... i really like my stuff, id hate to give her the house and me get just the detectors.:laughing: I think we all have heard the ..... you only like your detector. I believe some people on here even sleep with the detector.:laughing:

Dew

When I get home from a hunt in the water my PI takes a shower with me :lol: but I don't sleep with mine that sounds too kinky :laughing:

There were a few arguments. Latest one is getting up early like 3am. I just say I won't do it an set the alarm anyway lol. Did not really get to go this weekend. But for most part I can gowhen I want. Its a problem if I said i was gonna do something else an change plans...lol.

As long as I don't go every day for hours, my wife doesn't mind. After 20 years of marriage she knows me well enought to realize that I have to have my time of solitude to keep me sane !!! I have a very understanding wife and I am a lucky man!!

Back
Top Bottom