Coin roll hunt undermined....

pepagirl

...possibly by one of you! ARG! :lol: Spent 4 hrs at the beach today and only found some trash and clad, so I decided to stop by the bank and get a roll of halfs to sort through. The lady gives it over and it's hand rolled (not that plastic machine stuff), so I'm thinking promising. I open it up and get going, 1974, 1974, 1973, 1988, 1976, 1976, 1971, 1971, 1971, 1971, 1971 and so on etc. Half the roll was 1971-1976 and only one that was newer than 1992. I suspect someone out there... nearby... has undermined my first effort at coin roll hunting and threw me their throw backs! :mad: Oh, well better luck next time and I'm keeping the bicentennials just for kicks anyway! Happy hunting all!

I went through over $2k in halves once - no luck...Never had any luck at the bank getting anything good. Banks here tell me they sniff out of the silver before customers can.

I did get a 64 rosie in change at McDeath last month though. :D

Attachments

• CAM_0979.jpg
    CAM_0979.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 284
At least you had fun CR hunting and that will get you hooked when you do find some oldies! Keep at it!

Some good finds are made, but it can take a while. I'm still waiting for a Franklin, Walker, or if the planets align, a Barber. Good luck.

Don't hate, but I went through my first 300 dollars worth of halves cause that's all the bank had and got skunked. I was upset, and figured I would go back in a couple days when they got a shipment of halves in and get a whole box. This was a couple months ago by the way. Anyways, I go get my first box of halves, and guess what? I found 700 dollars worth of silver half dollars! Silver in almost every roll. Some had four in one roll!

Don't hate, but I went through my first 300 dollars worth of halves cause that's all the bank had and got skunked. I was upset, and figured I would go back in a couple days when they got a shipment of halves in and get a whole box. This was a couple months ago by the way. Anyways, I go get my first box of halves, and guess what? I found 700 dollars worth of silver half dollars! Silver in almost every roll. Some had four in one roll!

I won't outright hate, but I will be jealous... :lol: Great finds! Man, guess it's time to convert my savings account to half dollars!

Back
Top Bottom