Magnets

N

ncseadog

Anybody carry a magnet to find those elusive small nails and such? I know they play havoc with electronics but can quickly locate a lot of small metal items

Yes, I carry a telescoping magnet -- small enough for my pocket and very handy for those pesky small things.

I cut a 3" piece of 1/2" PVC and epoxied a magnet in one end. Then put caps on both ends. I can cover the magnet so it doesn't attach to anything metal and put matches in the other so they will stay dry in case I need them in an emergency. I can then just pull the cap off and locate the small stuff without having to dig through the dirt with my fingers. Never know what the item maybe and I hate Tetnus shots! Once it was a barb off of a fence that had been plowed for years but it was still sharp enough to stick me. The caps fit tight enough that you can put an eye hook in the match end and attach it to your belt with a carribener hook. Other wise it will fit in your pocket very nicely also.

b-boop said:
Yes, I carry a telescoping magnet -- small enough for my pocket and very handy for those pesky small things.
I carry the same thing as you do. Fits real nice in the pocket, has the clip so I don't lose the darn thing. :lol: Works pretty good for the small stuff.

Back
Top Bottom