Can't wait

bearbqd

Elite Member
Hey again everyone. Good to have the forum back. I was wondering if it was going to come back. Just wanted to share my excitement. I just got my Fisher cz7a pro in mail 2 days ago and have spent hours trying to get familiar with it. This is my first real detector so I'm trying to not get frustrated by my inexperience, however, I have some great potential sites around here to get started with.
This is a very big civil war area and there is currently a LOT of construction going on in primo, untouched, virgin soil. I already have permission to hunt one site and I'm working on several others. I, also, already have several requests to try and help find some lost jewelry. As if I didn't have enough hobbies already. WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE TO ME??? lol
All this, and I still have to go back to my parents house where I grew up finding civil war items all the time without a detector. Man, I need way too much time and have not enough of it.
Hey, if anyone has this type of metal detector, please give me any tips on how to use it most efficiently, like what my general SENS should be and all that since I'm brand new to this. Thanks guys and gals. I look forward to showing all of you my finds.

Congrads on your new detector and welcome! I'm glad everyone is enjoying the new board.

Can't wait to see your finds!

Thanks epi. Yeah, it's been frustrating the last couple of days because I have only had an hour each day with it before it got dark. I'm going to be able to go out on Sunday for at least 5 hours so that will be good. It was really frustrating today because I kept getting iron hits which were supposedly right in front of me and I couldn't find anything. The only things I definitely found were part of a buried chain link fence and a metal jar lid.
I think I was running my sens at 4. Is this too much or too little? Also, I really don't want to miss any potential find so I put my notch active for everything. On the NOTCH, if I were too turn off all types of metal would it still detect anything at all? THe cz7a apparently can discriminate between individual metals with its NOTCH function and not just a certain range of metals.
On another note, I'm kind of afraid to say what I'm about to say because I don't want thousands of people decending on this area. However, like I stated before, there is a lot of construction and land clearing going on around here. LARGE areas of land are being cleared for development in a civil war rich area. I'm securing permission to hunt as many of these sights as possible, BUT if I do get permission for many of them, it would take me years to hunt them on my own. And that's if I could hunt everyday for 12 hour stretches. There are apparently a lot of detectorists around here from what I've heard, but I have only seen ONE and I haven't seen ANY on any of these cleared land sights. I got permission today for one tract of virgin land alone that is 150 acres!!!

I know this is a major tease too a lot of you relic hunters, and I'm torn between revealing this area and letting others enjoy what I'm sure are some great finds around here and on the other hand having too many people decend on the area and possibly causing a problem of some sort. Not that any of you are trouble makers, just that if the general public sees too many of us out there, there might be complaints or something. Am I making any sense? Am I just being paranoid? You, forum members, decide if I am and give me your input. I know most hunters keep there sights a secret, but I have no problem letting others enjoy the area when some great items might otherwise be lost forever when they are paved over or dumped into a dump truck and carted off to who knows where.

Well, I've blabbed enough. Take care all.

Back
Top Bottom