digging knife

discgolf

My Dad got me the Japanese Digging Knife from Garrett Wade, anyone using it? comments? My Dad also borrowed my MD for his trip to Dayton NV. He is new at it but he's got a few good places to check on the way. I'll post any finds he gets.
HH
Jim

If it's the one I think it is, it's called a Hori-Hori knife. It is the closest thing that I've seen to my 30+ year old 3 in 1 knife. Over the years I've dug through rocks, bricks, sun baked clay and about everything else. I've pried on it and even drove it into the ground with my hatchet. The only thing is that it is a little shorter after over thirty years of sharpening. If I ever lose it (I don't think I can break it), I plan on getting one of the Hori-Hori knives.

Those digging soil knives are fantastic I got the Nisaku one.I love it .It is one tuff hombre. i also have two xtra ones ,one is stainless and one is black version up FS if interested.They are as good as a leshe but cheaper

I have never used any other digger than my Ames. Won't knifes dull out from the dirt?

I use a screw driver with a length of about 10 inches 1/2" wide ( the end is rounded now), also I use a Marine type bayonet from an M14 that I was trained with. So, I think it doesn't matter what you use, as long as you are conformable with it. (:-O)

I have used a A.M. Leonard Soil Knife its a great soil knife and cost $20.00

Attachments

• 4750.jpg
    4750.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 534
I have used a A.M. Leonard Soil Knife its a great soil knife and cost $20.00

That is similar to my old 3 in 1 knife, but mine didn't have the teeth. Also it has a wooden handle with the blade the full length of the handle. I haven't broken it in over thirty years, and I guess you could say I've tried.

Back
Top Bottom