A bunch of Whatsits (Pic heavy)

Papa Plug

Okay guys, I have a bunch of finds I've found and failed to include in previous post that I'd like help getting identified.. And since it being my personal opinion that collectively we are the most smartest hobbyist out there, I knew this was the place to go. Haha
To start I will say I have no clue what most of these things are, I might have a guess on a few but that's it.
I will post a pic of each whatsit and put a number above it. The number will be used as a temporary name for the object until we can all agree on an ID. After we get an ID I will edit and place it next to the number above the photo along with the first person to correctly identify the object. (I think this will work anyway... )

#1 Chicago Valve Co. Thermostatically Operated Valve - (ID'ed by Geez)
6umyguhy.jpg

e3e4u7u8.jpg

du7uruvu.jpg

#2 Allen Bradley Logo (ID'ed by SevenOneSix)
3usyzyve.jpg

#3 I think it's copper?
ajy4abu2.jpg

nume9u2e.jpg

#4 Piece of a Harmonica Reed- (ID'ed by SevenOneSix)
esy4eqep.jpg

#5 Mister Mulligan Diecast Toy Plane Wing (ID'ed by TurtleFoot)
y7epasep.jpg

a7y2yju9.jpg

#6 Found in same hole
sy2uvuru.jpg

#7 Pretty sure it's lead.. The pieces that are physically touching I am positive go together. And the ones in the first pic were found in about a 3 square foot area so I'm almost certain they're part of the same "sign". Pieces in second and third photo were found about 50 feet away.
6aqabuta.jpg

ahequ2e4.jpg

France 1914?
e5u9y3es.jpg

#8 Musket Ball- (ID'ed by Geez)
9e9y3y2a.jpg

pu8u2e9e.jpg

#9 on Left
#10 on right (Clock Frame Inards- ID'ed by 007tallguy)
(Found in different locations, trying to keep pic count down)
e5e8y5av.jpg

Go Cincinnati Cyclones

Also feel free to give me a hoarder rating and call me crazy for keeping this junk like my friends do.. Haha I have a hard time parting with my finds..

Go Cincinnati Cyclones

Number one is some type of thermostatically operated valve. The spring expands and contracts with temperature to open or close the valve, much like an auto thermostat valve.
The lead ball is indeed a musket ball. Also looks like the rodents have gnawed on it. For some reason they seem to like lead.

that one item looks like a harmonica reed to me as well, but it doesn't look like the normal brass they're made from. :?:
last pic, right hand side looks like part of the frame from the innards of a clock.

and what the diameter on the lead ball? i've found a similar one with that little nub on it, but mine was about 2 inches across!

Pete

Really neat collection of oddities... #4 is definitely a piece of a harmonica reed, no question there. #9 I believe is the top from an old tube of epoxy/lubricant - something along those lines. Always find them in farm fields and they sound good! #10 is a piece from a clock frame. I only know that from having dug a bunch that look like yours, and then finally one day I dug one with all the gears still attached. There would be a second identical piece forming the two sides of the clock 'skeleton', with all the gears in between...

Ah, PS, yes #8 sure looks a musket ball to me.

Appreciate all the ID's.. Post has been updated with ID and first correct identifier.
I guess the rest is just junk.. Eh? 😂

Go Cincinnati Cyclones

Items

Number 4 is not a harmonica plate they were made of brass not lead and the spacing is not even Number 10 looks like it could be the top off an old 6 volt dry cell the long oblong type

Back
Top Bottom