Southbay Report 2-22-2019

Pyriteboy

My obsession with pulling a piece of gold out of the area with the lead continued Thursday, as I completed the 3rd installment of the trilogy. I found the lead once again, and as before performed a tight grid search. The lead was deeper than before and as you see there were lots of light targets. However, again, I was rewarded with a silver ring and a Standing Liberty quarter, which is my first. Same spot where the Walking Liberty half came out of the other day. Time to rest and take care of the back and shoulder 'till the next weather event...

Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN8820.jpg
    DSCN8820.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 467
  • DSCN8821.jpg
    DSCN8821.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCN8822.jpg
    DSCN8822.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 425
sweet ! Great report. Normally our beach silver coins are dull gun-powder grey color. But sometimes silver coins get brown tones @ when up higher in dry dunes.

I never get tired of finding Standing quarters :)

Sweet! Way to work that location! You know, we dont see very many Standing Q's found by the beach and water hunters...we see Walkers Halfs, Bar-be-Q's...but not so much the Standing Q's...? I dont know the reason for this? Any thoughts? Was it the weather patterns during that era?...:?:

Sweet! Way to work that location! You know, we dont see very many Standing Q's found by the beach and water hunters...we see Walkers Halfs, Bar-be-Q's...but not so much the Standing Q's...? I dont know the reason for this? Any thoughts? Was it the weather patterns during that era?...:?:

MP.....This location is unique in that a berm was put here. Recently, we had a combination of high tides plus swells and wind from the right direction that worked to erode the berm a bit, although this stretch does not cut. I found the silvers way up high, hiding in the thick black sand...

Thank you to everyone who commented, Jerry

Right on Jerry! your on a hot streak on the old silver! Hope you hit some gold on your next run! :yes:

Right on Jerry! your on a hot streak on the old silver! Hope you hit some gold on your next run! :yes:

Slim, I have enjoyed finding the old coins for sure, especially since coming back from the back & shoulder issues....The gold drought will end at some point; the gold gods will decide when that will be- yes, there is more than one....

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom