Caribbean Hunters Question?

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
I was down in the Caribbean last week Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I was able to hunt the Bahamas and St. Maarten and at St. Maarten I found my detector to be VERY chatty. I didn't notice it as much in the Bahamas, but down there I wasn't able to hunt in the water at all. Have you had the same experience? Was it just that beach or? Detector was Nox 600 on Beach 2 with 0 GB noise cancel and lowered sensitivity all the way to 10 with no noticeable reduction in chatter. Note that in the dry and edge of the wet it did fine. I got a constant 2 if I cranked up the sensitivity but as long as I kept it around 20 it was fine.

BCD

Maybe it depends on which island and the type of rocks/sand . St. Thomas and St. Maarten and the lesser Antilles were created by volcanic activity, Bahamas is just hardened and coral crusted sand banks. Just a thought.

Just searched to see how you did, bummer, I could imagine cruise schedule makes it a little difficult, and the comments from the wife :)

I hunted several beaches on St Martin (Baie Rouge, Baie aux Prunes, Mullet Bay, Maho Bay, Great Bay, Grand Case) and did not notice anything out of the ordinary with the way my detector works. Lack of findings is another story though.

Back
Top Bottom