1700's CT copper & lil silver

MV-AtPro

Woke up to go fishing this morning and the realized that I never gassed up the boat fml. So instead took off to a spot iv been eyeing on historical aerials. Small fresh water pond with farm fields that where there in 1939. When I was a kid I fished this spot and had great time there good memorys. So when I walked down It just felt right knew I would fined something good. Pulled a few clad dimes and some junk when I got a good hit thought maybe clad quarter? When I turned the plug I saw I had a coin or an old flat button. After seeing no shank new it was a copper. With a copper in the pocket kept on hitting it. Pulled two castmasters and a daredevil for the tackle box. Was working my way back to the car thinking man a little silver would put me over the top when I got a clad dime hit. Said what the heck one more plug and out comes a small tarnished tennis racket. Said to myself maybe it will be stamped on the back? Flipped it and there it was sterling on the back. Hit the truck with a smile. I know the copper looks ruff but I'm 90% it's a 1786 ct. The right hand of the girl is right below the letters DE. and on the revers the only thing you can make out is AU. I also put it up in the help ID my fineds. Would make it my oldest US coin if it is a ct. Well happy hunting everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 379
Thank you. In the help ID section copperhead agreed its probably a CT copper anywhere from 1785-1788. But not much to go on. Been on a slump with a lot of scouting and not a lot of success so this one feels good! HH

Back
Top Bottom