Whos Says "Fewest Dropped Calls"?

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Did another 2 tot lots yesterday.  Found my 1st cellphone...every detectionists dream! :lol:  Among the goods were .83 cents in clad, and 4 silver rings.  Top one seems to have been gold-plated and has writing on it that I beleive is Hebrew.  Bottom one is a toe ring.  Before I left, I checked with the park manager to report the found cellphone and left my number in case anybody came by looking for it. Tot lot #2 was in a very unassuming, low income neighborhood, but hey I needed an hour to kill before I picked up my daughter from camp.  The lot had two areas; a small sandy 12 X 12' sandy area with one swing set and a larger larger playground set in compacted mulch/dirt that I wasn't about to do (I like them easy!  ;) )  Well anyway, I had an hour to kill...lo and behold a quarter here, a quarter there, a penny here, a penny there.  It was non-stop action in that 12 X 12' area!  Total for that lot was fifty coins, $4.43 in clad, a big silver cross, and an LED light toy from WDW that works!  I believe I almost hit the minimum wage rate for that hour! :lol: A 60 coin day and 5 pieces of jewelry! :grin:  Not bad for about 3 hours work. :yes:   

Attachments

• 6-28-06 (1).web.JPG
    6-28-06 (1).web.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 173
  • 6-28-06 Rings.web.JPG
    6-28-06 Rings.web.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 6-28-06 (2).web.JPG
    6-28-06 (2).web.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 168
Felix,
Get me a better close up of the ring and I'll get it translated if it is Hebrew. I have let my skills laps over the years but I have a few friends that can help me out.

Nice day's work..scooping a little sand sure beats digging in the ground , don't it ? Roadrunner_426

I love the sand, but the scoop that I use looks like a small shovel - it's 2 quarts! Couple that with my wooden sifting box and my hand and my thumb get sore from all the sifting and scooping. :( But I would still rather do that than doing the ground stuff! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom