I hate this hobby

I have been detecting a little over a year, one or two days each weekend whenever possible. My husband just told me last week that he would go with me one day, and was going to find better stuff than I have found! Hasn't gone with me yet. On the one hand, he is better than I am at understanding how things work, so he may be able to learn the detector fast. On the other, I don't think he has the patience I do. He would get extremely bored if he wasn't finding good stuff quickly.

I have been detecting a little over a year, one or two days each weekend whenever possible. My husband just told me last week that he would go with me one day, and was going to find better stuff than I have found! Hasn't gone with me yet. On the one hand, he is better than I am at understanding how things work, so he may be able to learn the detector fast. On the other, I don't think he has the patience I do. He would get extremely bored if he wasn't finding good stuff quickly.

You got him beat already LOL

Laggy, tell the wife to STOP wasting money on BOOKS. You should be able to learn more form the videos posted on YOUTUBE and writings that people put on the internet about this hobby.

Honestly, it is a GREAT thing that, BOTH of you are getting into this. Keep one thing in mind though. It's not just the hunting and the finds that make this hobby worthwhile. But the communing with nature, getting away from the TV, computer and the house. And luckily for you, having a wife that has the same interest in something that you already are enjoying. Your a lucky man....

My wife bought me my first detector as a birthday present, so she has nobody to blame except herself :)

Unfortunately, my wife has *zero* interest in joining me - swinging a detector and digging in the dirt just doesn't appeal to her. She does enjoy seeing my finds, though.

This hobby definitely becomes an obsession - when I'm driving somewhere and pass an old property, I always wonder what I might find there.

Back
Top Bottom