Bounty Hunter Vs Garrett

Hugh Crane

For the money and features I am having a problem decided between the "Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II" and the "Garrett Ace 250".

I would love some feedback on these two detectors. The price of the two appear to be pretty close, and the BH SharpShooter seems to be built a little better.

HC :?:

Hugh Crane said:
For the money and features I am having a problem decided between the "Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II" and the "Garrett Ace 250".

I would love some feedback on these two detectors. The price of the two appear to be pretty close, and the BH SharpShooter seems to be built a little better.

HC :?:
You said: and the BH SharpShooter seems to be built a little better.
I say: NO WAY!!!
Get the Ace. Steve.

Sharp Shooter II without a doubt. Sorry guys, but I read the posts about the 250 with its pinpointing issues and difficulty finding nickles and the depth (or lack of). The 250 may be built more rugged, but I would pick the SSII anyday. :P

ACE 250. I don't own either one but my brother has the Quick Draw II and I have several friends with the ACE 250. The ACE 250 is pretty impressive for the money.

Florida Tabdigger said:
Sharp Shooter II without a doubt. Sorry guys, but I read the posts about the 250 with its pinpointing issues and difficulty finding nickles and the depth (or lack of). The 250 may be built more rugged, but I would pick the SSII anyday. :P
Did you say something Mr. Tabdigger, I couldn't hear you "smack" :lol:. Actually the Ace250 is pretty good at pinpointing once you get the knack of it. Depth isn't too bad either. Your pain in the neck buddy! Steve.

Tabdigger - Here to the rescue since they're all beating on you! ;) How about a BH Discovery 3300 if you could still find one? And you don't need to get any "knack" at pinpointing! :yes:

FelixtheCat said:
Tabdigger - Here to the rescue since they're all beating on you! ;) How about a BH Discovery 3300 if you could still find one? And you don't need to get any "knack" at pinpointing! :yes:
If anyone wants a BH Discovery 3300 (I don't know why they would :P) I bet our Radio Shack has them since no-one up here detects. If interseted I could find out if they have any, you might have to pay the shipping. I'd imagine that if there was a problem with the detector (which there usually is :lol:) you could take it back at any Radio Shack. Steve.

No doubt the Garrett Ace 250 is far the better of the two. Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Bounty Hunter the thing of the past now First Texas owns Fisher.

Ok... Now what about a Garrett Ace 250 or a White's Prizm III. Also in the <$300 range. Sorry to ask all the questons but trying to narrow it down.

Hugh Crane said:
Ok... Now what about a Garrett Ace 250 or a White's Prizm III. Also in the <$300 range. Sorry to ask all the questons but trying to narrow it down.
I have had both & I prefer the White's Prizm III, I found that the Ace was alittle too noisey for my liking. As someone said along time ago, the Ace sounds like a ice cream truck. The Prizm will pinpoint much much better. And yes the Prizm does have a headphone jack. The Ace is a good machine but I just liked the Prizm better. I know you said under $300 but at $340 I really like my Tesoro Cibola better than either the Ace or Prizm. Steve.

Hugh Crane said:
I see two cibolas, one sounds different, but unsure:
TESORO CIBOLA HIGH TONE
Both are the same machines but you can get the high tone mod that is done at the factory. I don't have the high tone, but I like the way mine sounds. One neat thing that you can do with the Cibola (& the other "HOT"(new technology Tesoro's) is a thing called supertune. You get great depth with them, but if you crank up the threshold (supertune) you will get even better depth. Tesoro is known for very good pinpointing, and they aren't kidding, I can pinpoint dead on with my Cibola just by Xing the target not to mention using the pinpoint button. Steve.

After review the Cibola. I agree. It appears to be a better machine. Lifetime Warranty, is real nice. Just means I need to save a little more. :(

Ok one more Question... Sorry.

Tesoro Conquistador or Tesoro Cibola? Is there a difference?

The Cibola has updated HOT or High Output Technology coils. This will get you more depth. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom