Thankful for FMDF!

medicchief

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to say that I am having to stay with my mother tonight (90 July). She has sick spells (Leukemia/heart issues) and I'm the doctor (she thinks, 25 years FD/EMS, Army Medic) who always comes to her rescue. It usually takes a few hours to get her over the hump and it looks like we're about there. That being said, I am exhausted and don't need to be going to sleep in case she needs me and with this forum (my obsession) I don't have any problems staying awake. Plenty of good stuff here to keep me going. The forum and the good people here are a blessing to me! Thank you!

Last edited:
Good man! I did the same for my momma. I'd do it again and again. We lost her two years ago from small cell lung cancer

Thank you Copet! Lost my father 11 years ago this month, to the very same thing....sorry for your loss.

So good of you to be there for her and stay positive and watch out to maintain your own strength and health ! :thumbsup:

(we can relate, we were caregivers for my wife's mom who was in her 90's with Dementia and lived with us for 9 years before she passed)

I'll be praying for your mom, and for you as you care for her. I know it can be very trying. My family cared for my grandma (who had Alzheimer's Disease) for her last ten years until her death. Grandma's passing led to a hard time in our lives, but it's a comfort to know that since her faith is in Jesus, she is in heaven. Even though caring for her was often trying, we wouldn't trade those years for the world! I'm sure that you are a blessing to your mother in your caring for her. :grin:

P.S. Also, thank you for your service!

Back
Top Bottom