Update: Home with 12 acres in the country is happening! Thanks for the prayers!

medicchief

Forum Supporter
Well, after living in the same home for 33 years and raising 4 girls, my wife and I have made an offer on our dream place! It's a rare find, a 2,600 sqft home sitting on 12 wooded acres and only 10 minutes from town. Sits on a ridge slope with a creek/waterfall on one side and a spring fed creek/pond on the other. We have adopted 2 of our grandkids and it will be a great place to raise them. Our current home is near the RR tracks, and a US highway that runs parallel to I-40. Needless to say there is no peace and quite. As a combat veteran, I really hate when a Semi has a blow out....Reminds me of other things that go boom! I find myself hitting the deck....literally! That being said, we made the offer yesterday and need a little help from above. A few more prayers for the Lord's will would help. Thank you all!

Last edited:
That sounds like a fantastic place to raise kids, metal detect, hunt and fish. How big is the pond? Cold enough, enough flow for trout?

Good luck! Is there a wood stove in the house? I ask because my modern home with professionally installed wood stove was just dumped by my second insurer in less than two months. Finding it difficult to insure my home.

That sounds like a fantastic place to raise kids, metal detect, hunt and fish. How big is the pond? Cold enough, enough flow for trout?

Thanks Jim! Not near of either (temp or flow), especially our area. Trout waters in Arkansas are up on the White River and Little Red (Heber Springs). I do love to fly fish! The pond is more of a cross between a pond and a wildlife water source....water is as low as it gets in this picture (end of summer), it looks bigger in person, than in the picture. The place is full of Turkey, Deer and a few Black Bear! I may put a few bream in there for the kids to catch, if the deal goes through!

Attachments

• IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Good luck! Is there a wood stove in the house? I ask because my modern home with professionally installed wood stove was just dumped by my second insurer in less than two months. Finding it difficult to insure my home.

Thank you! Yes, it has a wood stove, but it's not an Insurance issue here....for some reason. We have a wood stove in our current house and it's not an issue. This is the one in the house we're trying to buy. The flue is enclosed in a brick chimney as well. It also has a wood burning fireplace in a large living room, but they're impractical.....may just put a gas log setup in it, just for looks (would seldom use it, maybe holiday get togethers or something special).

Attachments

• IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 353
This will put the pond in a little better perspective. This picture is looking off the hill, to the hollow on the west side of the property. The creek runs from the 3 o'clock position, down to the pond, which is about center mass of the picture. Zoom in and you can see it. My property line runs halfway up the hill on the other side of the hollow. View is of about 4 acres of the 12.

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 336
Congrats man, that looks like a great spot, tucked away enough for peace and quiet but close enough to get to town as needed. Nice one!

Back
Top Bottom