• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett ?

ghound

Elite Member
Your best guess on what's coming?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1579771805650-600x612.jpg
    FB_IMG_1579771805650-600x612.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 802
I'm guessing a wire-less multi freq version of the pro priced and equipped similar to the nox, but more rugged and dive capable to 50 foot.

Garret has had a great ride with the pro being the least expensive waterproof machine. The simplex is changing that and my guess is there is going to be a huge drop in price of new pros. For their new machine I'm thinking they would want something to compete with the nox and being able to go into deeper water would be a good way to set them apart.

IMO, they need to let go of their current models, meaning, stop repackaging old tech and bring something new to the table. Hopefully they finally grant our wishes! But after the last detector release from Garrett, I'm not holding my breath. I sure do hope they get in the multifrequency game, I'd buy one.

Oh No! I love Garrett. Went to Deus & NOX but for the right Garrett I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Wireless multi-frequency would be a great start.

Waterproof Ace priced around Simplex?

That was my first thought. A redesign to the ACE series.

I would be curious to know just how much room other companies have to put out simultaneous multi-frequency machines without infringing on Minelab's (and White's?) patents.

Hmm yeah, they shouldn't repackage for sure! Hope it's a deep Atpro with accurate vdi! I love the audio of the pro.
I have been thinking of selling my soveriegn and buying a vanquish.:yes:

It is real but no clue what it is going to be.
Probably will be announced at the Garrett memorial hunt in March.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I heard a few months ago there would be a new release around may,it probably will be upscale from the current at series,it does not necessarily have to be a multifreq as we have seen how a tarssacci can outperform multifreqs in salt water ,but i think it will be.

New Garrett Detector Coming Soon!

Good news! I emailed Garrett's Customer Support team asking if this was a legit image and this was their answer:

Hello Garrett,

That looks like a picture from the Shot Show this week. Garrett will introduce new product into our Sport Division in 2020, but there are no further details available at this time. Stay tuned to garrett.com and our official Facebook and Instagram pages for more information as it is released.
:clapping: :woot: :mder: Yay! So now to answer the OP's question...

Your best guess on what's coming?
I hope it is a waterproof, multi-frequency, & wireless detector, similar to the Simplex + and Equinox, but with the US Coin indicator on the screen (this is one of my favorite features on Garrett detectors, and is especially helpful to those just starting, IMO). I also really like the 1-99 TID numbers. :cool3: If it is priced around the Equinox, I think Garrett has a good chance of gaining a lot more business. :yes:

No Multi Frequency AT THE SAME TIME, that´s for sure cos Minelab hold a patent for this until it expires naturally. But Multi Frequency is also my guess.

No Multi Frequency AT THE SAME TIME, that´s for sure cos Minelab hold a patent for this until it expires naturally. But Multi Frequency is also my guess.

Both Whites and Fisher make multi frequency detectors. There is more than one way to produce multi frequencies.

Back
Top Bottom