First Silver Dime and others

ironsights

Went detecting today on my folks property again. Found a 62 silver rosie!! Not that old I know but fun to find. Also found a token from a car wash in richmond va( 90 miles away), a 38 cal bullet and an Iron thingy. The bullet is the fifth that Ive found on their property( 2 52 cal- two rings, two 38 cal -one ring and one 38 cal no rings). Any ideas what the iron thing could be? There was an old iron stove on one end of the lot that deteriorated many years ago. Could it be a decorative part to a stove? I have no idea but the interlocking heart design is pretty cool. Anyways just wanted to share. Pics follow.

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 76
  • thingy.jpg
    thingy.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 84
Iron

Does it have little feet on it? If so it looks like a trivet which was used to put hot pans on so as not to burn a good surface such as a table or counter top.

there are no feet but a trivet is a good idea, hadnt thought of that. I was thinking that it was hung from a hook or something. It has a small hole at the top that I was thinking was possibly to hang or fasten. Not sure, good thought though. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom