Retroactive good luck!

z118

Forum Supporter
As I was cleaning my weekend coins on Sunday night during the Pats game, I found the nickel picture below. Unfortunately, not before I had shaken it in vinegar and salt in a plastic jar with all the other silver clad. It doesn't seem to worse for the wear I guess. Trouble is, now I don't know where I found it! I'm pretty sure I found it on Saturday, but I hit two spots that day...

Pretty good find I guess! I also posted some better pictures of my "maybe" gold item in the Help ID my Finds folder. Take a look if you get a chance, I would really like to hear what other people make of it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1944.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 1,046
  • 1944a.jpg
    1944a.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 89
Nice find, one of these days I need to dig one up instead of finding them in change.

Congratulations on finding that war time nickel. Doesn't look like it was damaged by the salt & vinegar dip.

I throw all my dirty clad into a plastic peanut butter jar with salt and vinegar and shake it around for about 5 minutes. I spereate the pennies from everything else when doing this. It cleans them up pretty good, and its cheap and easy. A couple of times I have found wheats and now this one war nickel after having been shaken in the jar with all the clad. I don't think the vinegar and salt hurt them too badly, but some of the wheats didn't do too well with all the shaking.

There's a good post about this cleaning method at:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php?topic=5308.0

Back
Top Bottom