My First Foray

Missouri Mule

Today I went out with MuddyMo to try out various detectors, as I begin the process of choosing one through giving a few a test ride. I want to thank him here again, as he was most informative and helpful in getting me started. After a brief lesson on the mechanics of detectors and their accessories we detected for a few hours. I started out with finding a pull tab, a couple of nails, and a modern clad penny. He then went to grab another detector and I managed to find a solid signal and to my surprise, I dug up a ring . . . a silver ring, which has a .925 mark on it. It has what appears to be a fake diamond made of glass, but I suppose I should learn something about gemstones.

picture.php

picture.php

I look forward to our next foray.

Wow! A ring on your first hunt, before you buy a machine! Good work!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wow nice job finding that silver ring! My first significant find was an 1852 US large cent at a pounded cellar hole with my Ace 250. Needless to say I've been hooked since :cool3: congrats, and hope to see more from you in the future!

It has what appears to be a fake diamond made of glass, but I suppose I should learn something about gemstones....

...I look forward to our next foray.

Well done on your first hunt - and so the addiction begins ;) You’ll be amazed at the various subjects that your finds will lead you to learn more about...local history, numismatics, gemstones, old buttons - it’s endless! I now know more about horse tack than I ever thought I would, especially since I’ve never been on a horse for more than 30 minutes in my life :lol:

Thanks for sharing about your first time out, and I look forward to hearing about more nice finds as you grow into the hobby! And a big shout out to MuddyMo for taking the time to help you learn the hobby and give you some great working knowledge for making a choice on your first detector :thumbsup:

A ring! First time to boot. Now that's beginners luck. I too was lucky on my first day but no ring.

Well done on your first hunt - and so the addiction begins ;) You’ll be amazed at the various subjects that your finds will lead you to learn more about...local history, numismatics, gemstones, old buttons - it’s endless! I now know more about horse tack than I ever thought I would, especially since I’ve never been on a horse for more than 30 minutes in my life :lol:

Isn't that the truth! Such a healthy hobby.

There are two groups of people in this hobby. Those that hunt for a while, make few posts, then put their detectors in the closet to gather dust. Then there are those who are so addicted that we can not drive past an old homesite without wondering what is hidden to the dirt. Welcome but be warned this hobby is addictive.

Back
Top Bottom