1891 token

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Found this in an old park that we saw on a historical map. Not sure exactly what it is but Im assuming it's some kind of a laundry token? Either way, any time I dig something up from 1891 it's a good day!!

Attachments

• 100_3676.jpg
    100_3676.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 485
That is pretty cool. You could send a pic of that token to the local Great Falls paper.

That has the looks of a claims token from the laundry. It is so neat to be able to tie history directly to items you have recovered. Congrats! Trapper

Yep, I agree with Trapper. The "1891" is the tag number, NOT the year. Still a cool item! A person bringing in their laundry would get that claim tag when they dropped off their item of clothing, and would present that tag to the laundry when picking up their clothing. Someone lost their tag and you found it, a very nice local history find!

Yep, I agree with Trapper. The "1891" is the tag number, NOT the year. Still a cool item! A person bringing in their laundry would get that claim tag when they dropped off their item of clothing, and would present that tag to the laundry when picking up their clothing. Someone lost their tag and you found it, a very nice local history find!

MANNNNN!! I thought for sure it was the year!! Thats ok, I know it's still old because They merged with another laundry company in the early 1900's. Still pretty cool. Thanks Trapper and Shiny for the help!

Still a cool tokin! Cascade detergent is still made today in a green bottle isn't it?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Still a cool tokin! Cascade detergent is still made today in a green bottle isn't it?

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah it sure is, but that's a different company. Cascade is the county I live in, and apparently in 1930 the company sold to another company called "National Laundry" So this token is pre 1930 at least LOL

Back
Top Bottom