Stavr scoop upgraded to Stealth standards :)

Owl Engineering

Forum Supporter
I had a customer who asked us to convert his Stavr to a U-Bolt version. We also added gussets to the 2 corners.

It came out good but "special mods" take a lot of time.

Chuck

Attachments

• stavr front.jpg
    stavr front.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 957
  • stavr rear.jpg
    stavr rear.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 899
Interesting... hmmm... Stavealth! :shock:

R5

Arrogant

Weigh it. The reason the Stavr is a better scoop than your beak shaped scoop is because it is light. I challenge you to weigh it honestly. Still 2.2 pounds?

I have been using a Stavr for 4 years. I have used several of your scoops. They are too long for me, (5'10") and put me off balance digging. The Stavr does not do that. Your post insults the Stavr saying you were "upgrading it to Stealth Standards." How arrogant it that? I am for one offended by you. Sad.

Having said that, the Stavr is rock solid and does not need help. I remember when you started emulating Stavr scoops shaping them the same and using struts. Now you are welding your parts to one like it needs it.

Sir, your scoop is good but not as good as what Ruslan makes. That is my honest opinion. 4-5 times a day for 4 years and it is fun every time. Oh, did I say...2.2 pounds? :lol:

I understand why someone might want that done because i changed mine a bit too. Why, because the small bolt hole is way to low when using a fiberglass handle and the twisting and pulling even with a dowel tends to split the fiberglass. IMO..... IMA it is a bit of an upgrade. Ive had mine for a good 4 years too and they are great scoops for the price. Ill also say i got my hands on one of Chucks 920s with the CF handle the other day...... it will shock you how light it is and i thought mine was light. Length was an issue for me as well, but the 920 seems like Chuck has a winner there.

NO one can say Chuck does bad work.......super nice job. That had to be a pricy job so the guy must have liked his Stavr. One more thing.......... its nice to have someone like Chuck that knows SS and is here in the states.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 678
Weigh it. The reason the Stavr is a better scoop than your beak shaped scoop is because it is light. I challenge you to weigh it honestly. Still 2.2 pounds?

I have been using a Stavr for 4 years. I have used several of your scoops. They are too long for me, (5'10") and put me off balance digging. The Stavr does not do that. Your post insults the Stavr saying you were "upgrading it to Stealth Standards." How arrogant it that? I am for one offended by you. Sad.

Having said that, the Stavr is rock solid and does not need help. I remember when you started emulating Stavr scoops shaping them the same and using struts. Now you are welding your parts to one like it needs it.

Sir, your scoop is good but not as good as what Ruslan makes. That is my honest opinion. 4-5 times a day for 4 years and it is fun every time. Oh, did I say...2.2 pounds? :lol:

Obviously your butt still hurts issue you had with Chuck several years ago. Anyone reading this need to take this post with a grain of salt. Personally for me, all your posts attacking Chuck has no substance.

I believe I'll stick with Chuck's scoops. 3 years on mine and not a single issue. I'm sure plenty of satisfied stealth users will agree [emoji846] the

I have been using a Stavr for 4 years. I have used several of your scoops. They are too long for me, (5'10") and put me off balance digging. The Stavr does not do that.

I'm about the same size as you and agree with the Stealth being too long. I use the T-Rex, and yes, it's heavy, but the length is about perfect. The older Stealths were 11", now I think they're all 14". It's just overkill for me.

As for the other stuff, well, if a customer asks and Chuck is willing, then why not mod the Stavr? It's not like he went looking for it. By posting it, he's just telling us he's willing to help mod any scoop. In fact, he offered to make a similar mod for my 6.5 Classic (to change it from 90 to 20 degrees).

R5

Although I've only had my 720i for less than a month and it's now my primary scoop, and I love it by the way, I would've preferred it with a little less volume. 1-2 inches all around on HxWxL. That would be perfect! I used a friend's Stavr knock-off and liked its compactness. Given only those 2 sizes I would stay bigger though with my 720i.

Looks real nice :yes:

I have only SS handle's, but if I ever go back to other I would definitely need that mod, or just the 720i :) Had a stavr for about one month and didn't like the balance at all, sold it directly.

:laughing::laughing: You gotta love Scoop Envy dialog! "You suck, No, YOU suck!"

Scoop dialog is like the ultimate secret club handshake! When it comes to scoops and handles, Nobody else but a dedicated water gold hunter would know what anybody is talking about!:laughing: example:

"Halt, Who goes there?"... Dont shoot! its Sunspot! 3/8 off set holes!, CF shaft!, Dammit! I got a lifetime warrantee here!:laughing:

Meanwhile, some guy with a pasta strainer or a grain shovel sneaks right through the lines!:laughing:
Mud

Back
Top Bottom