The weather was perfect!

spittfire

Elite Member
Today was another beautiful day for MDing! Tried a new site today, an old house with barns. My first hit was a quarter, nothing great but then I hit the label. Which is way cooler than coins any day, love the history. I also hit this ring which made me whoop for joy but then I am sure it is not silver even though it is heavy and kinda neat looking. Got the key to the house and the car :lol: :lol: Here are some pics, hope you like them, Oh and Rusty................yes you can! :P

Attachments

• Laquer label0001.JPG
    Laquer label0001.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Silver ring maybe0001.JPG
    Silver ring maybe0001.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Todays finds0001.JPG
    Todays finds0001.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 101
Very nice finds there. The ring does look like silver. I guess there aren't any markings on the inside band? Good stuff. :)

Nice finds and that looks like a silver ring. Most times if they come up as a dime or quarter, they're silver.

spittfire said:
Today was another beautiful day for MDing! Tried a new site today, an old house with barns. My first hit was a quarter, nothing great but then I hit the label. Which is way cooler than coins any day, love the history. I also hit this ring which made me whoop for joy but then I am sure it is not silver even though it is heavy and kinda neat looking. Got the key to the house and the car :lol: :lol: Here are some pics, hope you like them, Oh and Rusty................yes you can! :P
...........yeahhhhh :D Niiiiiiice 8) :yes:

Thanks guys! The ring is heavy but there are no markings anywhere on the inside. My son said it looked like a "Gothic" ring like the kids wear nowadays. All I know is I was happy to find it. It rang up as +10 on the DFX and was basically on top of the ground, maybe 1/2 inch in. I found so many of the coins in a small patch of ground, maybe 5 or 6 in the one patch. It was really a good day for me as I only spent 2 hours there. :D :D :D :D

I'm going to agree that the ring is silver. The design is nicely made which you usually only see in silver or gold/plat rings.

:wow: A gorgeous ring. I agree it does look like silver in the pic,but with a VDI of +10, I would suspect white GOLD. Congrats!

spittfire said:
Thanks guys! The ring is heavy but there are no markings anywhere on the inside. My son said it looked like a "Gothic" ring like the kids wear nowadays. All I know is I was happy to find it. It rang up as +10 on the DFX and was basically on top of the ground, maybe 1/2 inch in. I found so many of the coins in a small patch of ground, maybe 5 or 6 in the one patch. It was really a good day for me as I only spent 2 hours there. :D :D :D :D
....You had a awsome day these are the kind of days you keep in the back of your mind while getting ready for each trip. Very good day Spittfire

VDI of +10 = not silver. Could be gold, but I'd have a jeweler check it out.

Could this be a Celtic ring by chance? I looked them up and it has all the signs of crossess, knots etc typical of Claddagh style rings. :?:

Attachments

• Silver ring maybe0001.JPG
    Silver ring maybe0001.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom