Sunday's Hunt

TonyinCT

Elite Member
Met up with DEL from the forum and a couple other YTC club members who were kind enough to let me tag along. We left at 4:30 AM and arrived at our destination about 45 minutes before sun up. Started hunting an old cellar hole area. I found a 22 caliber bullet and newer belt buckle. One of our team found a pretty bad large cent with date unknown. I took a break and went back to my car for a drink. I then thought that since I wasn't finding much that I should try just outside the car door. It's one of those mysteries. Look under the car after you move it and just outside the door and you can actually come up with the days best find. Well about 20 feet off the left side of the car in an area surrounded by old stone walls I found my oldest Indian Head penny. A 1859. Although in about VG condition it was still a thrill.
Hope to get out with these guys again real soon.
Thanks DEL. :yes: :yes:

Figures, doesn't it :grin: Nice find! I've yet to find one...

And you didn't invite me? :lol:

Hey, glad to see that you finally got some detecting done. The IH is a nice find! :)

Tony , i'm glad you got out with us . it wasn't one of our most productive days but it was fun . John got a few coins sunday and my best was that skeleton key but it was good to see ya to get out and :yes:your welcome to tag along anytime

these were my meager finds for the day , this is my third complete skeleton key but the most ornate . i was surprised this site was so stingey, last weekend we only had an hour and there were all kinds of good stuff comming out of the ground .Gil the next time i go out i'll send ya a pm.

Attachments

• 100_0562 sunday\'s meager finds.jpg
    100_0562 sunday\'s meager finds.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 79
Since I got to see the key up close I can honestly say that the picture you see does not do it justice. These are really cool finds when they are made. I am glad I was there to see it.
8)

:wow: Nice find Tony. Wish I could of been there. Nice to see you finally made it out. You always seem so busy when I visit your shop. Maybe we will have a chance to detect another time. Nice key Del. Love those skeleton keys. Hopefully the cold air approaching us doesn't freeze the ground. I'd like to get out a little more before we have to resort to the hammer and chisel method. :roll:

Yep,that always happens.Spend the whole day out detecting and when you arrive back at your car you will find something under your car :yes:

Back
Top Bottom