Correction's officer badge

brooklynct2003

Found in Bigelow Hollow State Forest in Northern CT today. I found it in 2 pieces. Appears the blue emblem broke away while I dug it up.

I tried to look for a Mace prison, but couldn't find any by that name, so I guess it is the name of the officer. Now I just have to find out who Officer Mace is, so I can attempt to return it.

Attachments

• image0-10.jpg
    image0-10.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 283
  • image0-9.jpg
    image0-9.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 256
thats a first , finding something different is what keeps me at this hobby . cool find Gil

Nice find Gil! Call the Conn. State Prison and tell them your story...maybe they can point you in the right direction....

Thanks for sharing and HH, Hank 8)

i hope the rest of him isnt laying in the woods close by. sorry for the morrbid thought but you never know. keith

I would doubt if the officer's name was mace. When they cast badges they put in the main info - not knowing who will get what. Plus if someone quits the force they can reuse the badge. Maybe a private type prison that are becoming popular now ? Good luck whatever. steve in so az

I have Googled "Mace prison" "mace state prison" "Mace conn prison" "mace CT prison" with no luck.

If anyone knows of such a facility, please let me know.

Perhaps MACE is actually an acronym for something? (M.A.C.E) Try searching for something like that.

i could not find it either. did find main website for conn stae prison system and it had phone number on it. might try it to see if they can help.
Paul

We have a prison down th street from my office and I've seen some of those guards. They're not held to the same standards of excellence that the State Police use.

There was one recently indicted for drug dealing.

How the badge got there is anyone's guess. I found it about 1.5" down next to an older tree(it rang up as a half dollar on my VDI i think), so how long it's been there is anyone's guess.

This is a popular fishing spot, and I found it near the parking area, so I'm guessing the guy took off his uniform shirt, after getting out of his car, to do some fishing(or maybe some other hanky panky) after his shift was over. The badge fell off as he was removing it, and now I have it.

Usually the rank is on top (captain, officer, guard, etc). What is a MACE :?: Mace bearer? Can't see anyone in a prison carrying around a staff and wearing that funny looking hat :lol:

Try e-mailing the corrections institution, attaching the photo. You may as well get an idea of what it means.

Back
Top Bottom