New to forum

Florida Tabdigger

Elite Member
I just stumbled upon this forum yesterday. Its great to have one so active. I have been MDing seriously for a little over 10 years now and have made some nice finds. I own a Whites PI, BH land star, and two others not worth mentioning(one of which I have had for 25 years). I accasionally participate in a couple MDing chat rooms that I find very helpfull. I am looking into purchasing a new detector (land vlf), but haven't decided on which one. Looking into the minelab sovereign or explorer, but I haven't had a chance to test one out yet. Have used several Whites and although they are nice machines, I have not been impressed with them. Mainly because I could not get the depth without sacrificing the decrimination. Then when you pass over a large object they overload and takes a few seconds to reset. Also I found that the sweep speed has to be slooowwww. I have been spoiled with the BH. I have also read that the Minelabs are a slow sweeper too, but the depth and desc. are excellent. AnyMinelab owners out have any comments or recommendations? Thanks

Hi tabdigger. Welcome to one of the best forums on the net. :yes: All Minelabs are excellent detectors. I would reccomend buying what you can afford but the Soveriegn GT and Excalibur are great beach detectors and in my opinion the Explorer is one of the best you can buy as long as you can be patient with it.
Let me know if you need any more help . I'll be glad to give . Give me a call and we can discuss detectors in more detail.
:yes:

I use the elite an I am very happy with it, It did take a while to learn what the machine was telling me, but now I know it like the back of my hand, well almost. it will hit on good targets laying right next to junk an yes it does go deep. the double D coil I can pin point within 1/2" or less on most targets. been using it over a year an has never gave me any problems.I have been using the rechargeable battery pack an I can hunt 12 hours on a charge with no problems.

Welcome Florida Tabdigger glad to have ya. There's lots of knowledgable people here. I'm also looking forward to any help and tips you can share. :yes:

Hello, and welcome aboard! It's always good to have another veteran hunter aboard to add to the broad depth of knowledge and experience here. Feel free to share all your tips and tricks with us newbies, and make sure to show off your finds! HH!

Where I work is on an old WWII gunnery training base that was active from 1942 to 45 and 60 thousand serviceman trained here.  I have combed over 200 acres over the past 8 years and have a large collection of treasures. When I figure out how to post images I will share some of them. I have found dogtags, coins, medals, tax tokens, jewelry, and bullets, bullets, bullets. Its always exciting to pry out a clump of live 50cal bullets with a shovel. Gets your heart pumping. My best coin find has been a 1914d wheety. It is not pristine but still worth over 100 dollars. Mercury dimes and silver wartime nichols are very common. I also found a 1944 gold class ring from Philidelphia HS and a couple silver military rings. I accasionally hit the beaches, but they are overhunted. I have done well at some of the local swimming holes that most MDers overlook. Grass and dirt parking lots is where the real action is. When I go to the parks, the first place I look is where people park in the grass. Most MDers head for the playground. Thanks for the replys, I'll look into posting pics.

That was easy. This is older picture from 2 years ago...have made many more finds since then.

Attachments

• Picture 7840.jpg
    Picture 7840.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 79
Here is a better picture of the coins and medals, these are old pics. I'll have to take some new ones and post.

Attachments

• Picture 4509.jpg
    Picture 4509.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 4510.jpg
    Picture 4510.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom