New Nel Hunter coil for my F 70

campnagle

Elite Member
Was time for a new coil for my F70 at 9 years old
The Nel Hunter is about the same price point as a Fisher DD and a coil cover.
No weight difference I can feel and the build quality seems top notch.
One thing I notice right away is there is a stop that prevents the coil to lay flat forward which is what I need for my soft carry bag.
I tested in yard and seems to be spot on, might gain just a little depth and separation is clear and crisp.
I will hit some well pounded sites this summer and see if I pull more targets, should be fun.
Picture next to my Patriot for comparison.
I camo wrap grips and put screen savers on all my machines.

Attachments

• f70 hunter 001 (Small).JPG
    f70 hunter 001 (Small).JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 274
  • f70 hunter 002 (Small).JPG
    f70 hunter 002 (Small).JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 173
  • f70 hunter 005 (Small).JPG
    f70 hunter 005 (Small).JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 167
  • f70 hunter 007 (Small).JPG
    f70 hunter 007 (Small).JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 160
  • f70 hunter 009 (Small).JPG
    f70 hunter 009 (Small).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 170
I like NEL search coils but I have only used the SharpShooter. The center rod attachment point makes for a better balance and makes it easier to push the coil down into to grass if need be.

beephead

Was time for a new coil for my F70 at 9 years old
The Nel Hunter is about the same price point as a Fisher DD and a coil cover.
No weight difference I can feel and the build quality seems top notch.
One thing I notice right away is there is a stop that prevents the coil to lay flat forward which is what I need for my soft carry bag.
I tested in yard and seems to be spot on, might gain just a little depth and separation is clear and crisp.
I will hit some well pounded sites this summer and see if I pull more targets, should be fun.
Picture next to my Patriot for comparison.
I camo wrap grips and put screen savers on all my machines.

That is a nice looking coil .

Ya

I just picked up a Tornado for my Excalibur, we will see how it roll's on my Excalibur 12x13 Tornado , good luck with your's Earl

Last edited:
Good lord Camp! What is going on with your foot! :laughing: Hey though, If my modified finless 11"dd ever takes a dump, I might give that NEL a try on my F70 too!...Let us know how its going and what you are finding Buddy!

Attachments

• F70-1.jpg
    F70-1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 132
Nice looking coil but the fisher 11 dd works flawlessly on that machines ,light ,fast and deep..from all stock setups I’ve used fisher is the one that nailed it with that stock coil.

Nice looking coil but the fisher 11 dd works flawlessly on that machines ,light ,fast and deep..from all stock setups I’ve used fisher is the one that nailed it with that stock coil.
That Fisher DD served me well but was wore out. I almost got another but thought I have a new Patriot with a fresh DD, the Nel was a good choice on my F70 to compare in the field for fun.

Back
Top Bottom