My first silver !

dirt dick

Elite Member
I traveled along way to hunt anticipated places from home, some 280 miles to my uncle's in N.E. MO.
It paid off! and I SHALL RETURN!:grin:
I hunted where a old house used to be, built around 1900. lived in till around 1975, My uncle bulldozed the place for crop land some 15 years ago. Now a standing corn field. I hunted the standing corn about 2 hrs. finding beer tabs and rifle shells here and there.
About to give up; I saw green glass broken shards of old mason jars on the edge of the corn field. So I told myself to slow down and concentrate along on that outside row about 40 yards north and south of that glass....
BING BING BING, the ace 250 chimes. a penny 4" down, dig it up a wheatie can't tell the date, so from there about 20 yards north, DING DING DING DING 4" inches down the ace signals ,silver, 50 cents dig down. Up pops a Walking liberty half dollar, 1936 ! no mint mark. that I can see....?
My FIRST SILVER! I start searching farther into the corn rows again, finding trash objects, so I went back and along the outside edge with one more signal another 5 yards north of the half dollar, I found a 1948 Rosie.
Then just to be sure that I didn't miss anything else. I swung back around the half dollar hole, about a foot south I hear a signal.
I dug down 4 " finding a broken old pocket knife. white & bone colored,
but the knife blades were rusted and gone, I kept anyhow.
Getting late in the day and having to get on the road to travel back home to North Iowa I had to call it quits.
I can't wait till the corn is out, I might have to wait till next spring though:(
I will be targeting the field a lot easier when the corn is out.
I need to learn how to upload pictures on this site.

Nice hunt. That 250 will find the stuff and it goes deep. You should have a good spot there even if you get down to digging the iffy signals.

SANY0144.jpg

Back
Top Bottom