Permission from bank?

Mac In Oak Ridge

I spotted a house the other day in a nearby town. From the construction it is 1880-90's range.

Big yard all around. It is not in the best of condition and unoccupied. There is a realtor's sign in the yard. Research tells me a local bank forclosed on the property in 2007.

Has anyone ever contacted a bank for permission to hunt such property? Were you sucessful getting permission? If you were, any tips on the process? I don't want to get a flat out, "No!".

I could call the realtor but if he says no then I am dead in the water, unless I then go around him to the bank.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Does the bank own the property? I know it may seem stupid, but the bank may not have completed the foreclosure process to the point of ownership yet.

Last edited:
Does the bank own the property? I know it may seem stupid, but the bank may not have completed the foreclosure process to the point of ownership yet.

The county tax department lists the bank as the owner. They took it over from the previous owner in 2007. The banks name is on the property tax card.

Here is what you do

You scope out the bank. Find the person who has to make upkeeping arrangements. You contact the person, tell him you would like permission to coin shoot, in turn you will mow the lawn one time.I have a good lawn owned by a local bank to work.I,also do this with Real Estate people..And it works..I happen to know that my grass cutting is billed to the property owner..I am trying to work non mowed areas, since in a couple of weeks they will be ankle high, then go to the intown lawns.and parks..In any event, make a deal,Just going and doing, equates into two words if someone wants to push it...Criminal Trespassing. Cordially NAD :D

I like the idea of offering to mow the yard. My dad was in real estate and I used to have to mow yards all the time. I would try for permission without mowing first. If they say no, you have a bargaining chip. If the yard needs mowing to make it detectable then offer the mowing first. Chances are they are already stressed about having to do it. I'll bet they jump at the offer.

Back
Top Bottom