Equinox 800 - In the woods

Avi8torDig

Live in east TN. Ground around here is iffy. I've used Park or Field in the woods. Found stuff in either setting. What's the best setting you've found for the woods.
Using the Equinox 800.

If you're looking for depth and want to use multi then B2 is deeper. If you want to run single frequency, 4kz is deepest. 4kz will use a lot of battery though.

I prefer Park2 everywhere. I should probably try the other modes more often than I do, but Park2 has found me a lot of good stuff. Much of it stuff others have missed.

Tough ground here in SW Pa. I started out using Park 2 5 tone when the Equinox first came out. About year or so later I was hunting an old city park with another member here and he was killing the silver in Park 1 5 tone rec 6 ib 0. I tried it but seemed to dig way more iron. Switched to Field 2 5 tone rec 4 ib 0 or 1 last Oct. Dug at least 60 silver and over a hundred wheaties not to mention a bunch of Ihps and Buffs and other goodies. So woods or fields FIELD 2 is my go to setting. Good luck, Mark

I only use field 2 in the woods, well anywhere. I tried the other modes in the woods (favorite place to hunt) and field 2 won hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only use field 2 in the woods...

That's the mode I use most often, and nearly all of my hunting is for relics in the woods.

6" coil
Field 2
50 tones
Recovery speed 7
Jack sensitivity up as high as the location allows
Noise cancel
Ground balance
Go

If I hit patches of iron or hot rocks, then sensitivity gets backed down, sometimes significantly. Noise cancel and ground balance as necessary.

Back
Top Bottom