BACK IN ACTION. Water BEWARE

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
i spent the last 4 days working on a new dock at the marina I keep my boat in. The picture is from yesterday. Just finished the dock today and my boat is in its new home!

I will try to get a better picture of the finished dock tomorrow.

BUT!!
Tomorrow is the day. It will be my very first hunting day in the water this year. Equinox is ready and so are my CZ-21's and CZ-20. I am only wading tomorrow as far as I know of. Water is still a bit cold to dive a long time.

Going out to one of my major spots 6 miles out into the lake. I don't care if I find just a pull tab. It is way past time for me to be playing.

I stopped posting my land finds because nobody seemed to care. If the water hunters feel the same way that is fine. Life is good.

I just looked at the water temp of St. Clair. Holy stack of dimes Batman, it's cold!

Yes I know. I was wading in it to build the dock. Even went under to get a piece of re-bar I dropped. I had a wet suit on but it is still chilly.

I will be wearing my wet suit tomorrow. Water was smooth as glass this morning and warm out. I should be fine.

That is the reason I am wading. No heater on my cruiser. Water temp at surface is 54°. Colder a few inches down.

OK, I'm a landlubber, geographically speaking, so I have no experience with a marina and it's practices.
I have to ask, though. If you're paying slip fees to the marina, shouldn't THEY be repairing/building the dock, as it's their property?

Roger

OK, I'm a landlubber, geographically speaking, so I have no experience with a marina and it's practices.
I have to ask, though. If you're paying slip fees to the marina, shouldn't THEY be repairing/building the dock, as it's their property?
Roger

Yes it is their property. Slip rental is 1300.00 a season on that row. 180.00 in material and I get a free slip for two years. Totally worth it to me. They rent the other side for 1300.00 and did already. Win win situation as far as I am concerned.

Nice dock! The water here is cold too! About 75... BRRRRR

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good hunting brother! :cool:

I am hammering out my usual May chores as fast as I can so I can put my attention back to treasure hunting too.

Yes it is their property. Slip rental is 1300.00 a season on that row. 180.00 in material and I get a free slip for two years. Totally worth it to me. They rent the other side for 1300.00 and did already. Win win situation as far as I am concerned.
Dude, you are quite the entrepreneur! :yes: That's awesome and good luck tomorrow!!

Now THAT'S an investment with a good return rate!
Good on you, Scuba. Somehow, I suspected there was a deal behind the posting.

Roger

Man I’m impressed with your skills! Btw don’t assume all of us don’t care about the land finds. Some of us have to work for a living still and don’t catch every thread so we might not comment right away but we eventually get to it. Just a friendly reminder and hope your water hunt season is a success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I’m impressed with your skills! Btw don’t assume all of us don’t care about the land finds. Some of us have to work for a living still and don’t catch every thread so we might not comment right away but we eventually get to it. Just a friendly reminder and hope your water hunt season is a success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I just kept finding Mercs. rosey's and Washington's. Nothing that seemed like it would excite anyone. I did get a 1926 SLQ.

I love the water nickels and the land silver. I wish it was the water silver that came out beautiful but not the case. When you only have one to four comment and over 200 views it just didn't seem worth going through the trouble to post and take pictures. It wasn't encouraging anyone it seemed.

Back
Top Bottom