• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

HELP! How far would you drive? Seeded hunt. Replies needed.

headsortails

Pending Member
I have been thinking about assembling a charity benefit seeded hunt.

It would be located near Fort Wayne, Indiana. + or - 25 miles.

$30.00 dollar pre-entry $40.00 day of

My current thought on prizes would be the following.

1oz silver round per 8 entries

10th oz gold coin per 16 entries

ie: 48 entries 3 Gold coins and 6 silver rounds

96 entries 6 Gold coins and 12 silver rounds.

1 in 5.33333 people will go home with one of the above prizes.

and hopefully with a few donations smaller prizes and consolation prizes would send everyone home with something.

so with this information how far would you come or drive for this cause.

Thanks for your input, and comments. -Jeff

I live in Northern Ky right next to Cincinnati, OH. I would come to this if you have it. It all depends when it is and what I have going on of course, Keep us posted.

I live in Northern Ky right next to Cincinnati, OH. I would come to this if you have it. It all depends when it is and what I have going on of course, Keep us posted.

I am currently debating between fall or next spring

I know a lot of people go to seeded hunts but I don't. I am sure it would be fun as I went to one as a spectator, but I detect better with one or two friends.

Good luck!

People like the chance of scoring a big prize like you listed, but you would get more numbers if you included common wheats, silver dimes, v or buff nickels, etc. some fools just enjoy digging targets in hopes of coming away with anything for their effort... also check with forum sponsors and see if you could get them to pony up some raffle prizes to help bring the crowd. I would bury the raffle tickets in a plastic pouch with a nickel or penny attached to it to penvent so much cherry picking... Who knows, dig a penny tone and win the raffle for a detector!

I'm sure you could talk to some of our sponsers that would be happy to help out. If it was closer I would join you. Good Luck!

Well, let's see, I have been in the hobby going on 3 years. So far I have two silver coins, and a silver ring to show for it...

So, to answer your question, if I could go to a seeded hunt I would travel 30 miles or so to get to pull silver #3.

I once argued on this forum about how I didn't understand why anyone would want to go on a seeded hunt... Now, I understand and would have a blast finding some silver roundness in the hole to add to my silver in the pock!

Every inch of the way not only are your odds good to win a great prize but think of the friends you will make and hunting location prospects dont look at it as a seeded hunt look at it as an opportunity to advance your knowledge of the hobby

Naaaah...Gotta put them in with a pull tab or screw cap...Make 'em work for it...lol

HH,

People like the chance of scoring a big prize like you listed, but you would get more numbers if you included common wheats, silver dimes, v or buff nickels, etc. some fools just enjoy digging targets in hopes of coming away with anything for their effort... also check with forum sponsors and see if you could get them to pony up some raffle prizes to help bring the crowd. I would bury the raffle tickets in a plastic pouch with a nickel or penny attached to it to penvent so much cherry picking... Who knows, dig a penny tone and win the raffle for a detector!

Already stated but

My wife and I would be interested but depends on date. We live in NC we would expect the furthest traveled prize :laughing: Just kidding. But right now I am registered for a hunt in NY so IN is not out of the question. We will be in Lima Ohio (about hour drive to Ft Wayne) area in August so if around that time it would be perfect.

You're better off doing a raffle than a seeded hunt. I don't know of any seeded hunts that are done for profit, even if that was for charity (i.e. 100% of paid fees go back into the ground / prizes).

My parents are in Indiana, I would fly up depending on if I could schedule it right . . . it would be worth it to visit them and help out a great cause!

You're better off doing a raffle than a seeded hunt. I don't know of any seeded hunts that are done for profit, even if that was for charity (i.e. 100% of paid fees go back into the ground / prizes).
I'm quoting myself above, but I should add most seeded hunts DO make money from raffles held at them and by selling food / drinks at the hunt (lunch and/or breakfast). Might be the way to go if considering doing a seeded hunt for charity, with the above 100% fees to hunt going back into it. Would make it a better experience for all.

Back
Top Bottom