Hit my 50th silver coin for year and some Tiffany

fred sanford

Elite Member
It was a beautiful day. After work I did some errands and drove to a ballfield that has been around since the early 1900's. I have had luck there before. All though this field has been worked, if your patient, goodies await you. Figured I would just grid and pick anything that had a half decent ring. I got a iffy signal around 9''. Honestly , I thought it was Iron. It was scratchy ,but I could hear a silver sound. Started digging and a piece of iron was in the hole. I pulled it out and put my probe back in the hole to double check. Bingo , a loud flutey sound. I uncovered a 1914 silver Canadian cent. I believe its 80% silver. I found it very unusual to find one of these in Pa. Turns out this is my 50th silver coin on the year. Woo Hoo!!!! Started swinging a little more and I get another good hit. It was shallow and I thought it was a clad quarter. It turned out to be a Tiffany and Co. silver earing. I hope the rest of the weekend goes this well. Good luck everybody if you get out. HH

Attachments

• cv25canada1914.JPG
    cv25canada1914.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 530
  • cv25canada19142.JPG
    cv25canada19142.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 535
  • cvtiffandcoear.JPG
    cvtiffandcoear.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 529
Congrats on the 50th bud cant wait to see your comments on todays finds i found me self also hit me up on the phone let me know whats good for sunday

What a cool coin to get as your 50th. I love finding forien coins. Just havn't got any silver ones yet. Very nice find, congrats.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

Back
Top Bottom