Finds of today and yesteryear

bearbqd

Elite Member
Hey guys. Got a lead on an old stone wall from the civil war where they are putting in a new neighborhood. This area supposedly was a civil war encampment grounds with many relics being found. I was also told that a couple of years ago someone found a sizeable cache in the wall. It took me a while to actually find the thing as the directions were kind of vague. They have already bulldozed part of it and about 250 feet of it remain. About 30 feet down the wall I got a good hit at the base and I started getting excited. It turned out to be half of a pie tin.

After I dug it, I was still getting a good signal so I continued to dig and cut roots. Still not finding anything but still getting a strong signal I started to open the whole up on the edges further and there it was...the other half of the pie tin. DOH!

Here are the UBO's I found (unidentified buried objects) along with a few known. I saw the china with the tree on it on top of the ground and I don't know if its old or not, but I found a ton of china in my parents garden growing up.

The second picture with the bullets and pipes are mostly things I found out of that garden when I was growing up. And that was without a detector. I have yet to get over there yet since I got my detector a few weeks ago. Some of the bullets are from various battlefields we visited when I was a kid. They were found on top of the ground.

The clad quarter was found at church this morning, had my detector with me and found it almost as soon as I put the coil to the ground. Was hoping it was a sign of things to come for the rest of the day. Oh well.

Attachments

• metal_detecting_finds_of_12906_122.jpg
    metal_detecting_finds_of_12906_122.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 297
  • civil_war_finds_212.jpg
    civil_war_finds_212.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 290
Those are some really nice bullets! I would love to find some like that. I feel I've been lucky to find two musket balls so far (one from an 1872 indian camp). Keep that coil to the ground and you're sure to find something good at those older sites.

Back
Top Bottom