Newbie finds

trobaughokc

My first three weeks of hunting (Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker)

Memmies 70
Wheats 3
Nickels 2
Rosies (clad) 10
Quarters (clad) 14
Quarters (silver) 1
Chuckie Cheese Token 1
Costume jewelry 2
Pull tabs 64
Beaver Tails 16
Bottle Caps 9
Sinkers 9
Rod & Reel parts 2
Fishing lures 2
Antique Toy car wheels 2
Pocket Knife 1
Glasses Frames 1
Drawer Pulls 2
Nails 11
Nuts & bolts 12
20 gauge shotgun shell 1
Alum. Door & window parts 5
Copper tubing 2
Hot wheels 2
Electrical Svc parts 4
Foil & UFO parts 30

If you count the deep cans I left deep, and the trash thrown away at
sites and not counted, thats approx. 350 holes dug.

About 75% of the trash was first week out.

Sorry no way to post pictures.

Hey at least you found a silver quarter! I only found ONE silver quarter last year.... :o(

Hope you have a good set of knee pads ;) Looks like you're doing pretty well :)

Its a shame you can't post a piccy of the UFO parts I'm sure the board members would love to see them :D

Now that's keepin' close track of your digs, Trobaughokc! :D

nice finds there trobaughokc, keep saving the copper and clad, then trade them in on a digital camera so we all can see those beaver tales before they go up for bid on ebay :yes:

Newbie finds part 2

4TH Week out.

Memmies 48
Wheats 2
Nickels 4
Rosies (clad) 6
Rosies (sliver) 1
Quarters (clad) 4
Costume jewelry 1

School yards mainly, out away from the playground equipment. Have yet to find a pea gravel or wood chip play area that hasn?t already been worked over. Swing sets and monkey bars have also been a bust. Saturday I was hunting before 8 am in a light drizzle and could tell where the chips had already been turned. Put a shower cap on the Bounty Hunter and headed to the sidewalk borders, basketball courts and baseball fields.

Doing my bit by picking up trash, can?t believe the glass shards and pointy things in the areas our kids and grandkids play, but have gotten to where I?m not digging much. Occasionally a large piece of canslaw, or pull tab from a strong mixed signal. When I get back to a beach, I expect my trash to coin ratio will go back up, as I?ll probably go back to digging everything.

Sounds like you're off to a great start. Just wait till you find an untouched playground: coins on every swing, and if your lucky, a nice piece of silver jewelry or two! HH!

Back
Top Bottom