One Small Gold Ring Today

Hotrod Tom

Elite Member
I went out for a few hours with the Dual Field and picked up the usual junk and a nice little 1.6 gram gold ring. I didn't make it in the house and my wife was already wearing it. Every time I go to hunt the wind is blowing which makes it hard to hear the quiet signals. So today I just went slow and listened for the sharp short signals like you get over coins and mostly dug targets that were one to three scoops deep. Thats how I found the ring today. I will wait for the nice calm weather to seek out the real deep targets.HH!

Attachments

• Metal detecting finds 327.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 327.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 464
  • Metal detecting finds 328.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 328.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 474
  • Metal detecting finds 329.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 329.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 471
  • Metal detecting finds 330.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 330.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 464
  • Metal detecting finds 332.jpg
    Metal detecting finds 332.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 462
Congrats on your gold ring. We found gold today also. It was really a 'golden' day for some of us. : ) There's more where that came from hopefully, and next time, don't be showing it to your wife unless you want to give it up! : )

I know, it flew right out of the beach and onto her finger! Its some kind of female gold magnetism.

Very Nice tom, she is a beauty..I've got one close, at first I thought they were the same but after looking it up..similar. Congrads again!

Attachments

• gh.jpg
    gh.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Hotrod, for the DF you can get a different ear cup that helps a bunch. I currently use a gel/foam one at times and there is a difference. A beenie that is a couple sizes larger or a sweatshirt with a hood pulled closed helps as well. One area I hunt at times is always windy. Only bad thing is if the finds are deeper then waist deep, have to change into my drysuit. Hope this helps and you are doing well...;)

Nice ring...
~SSC

Back
Top Bottom