Finding gold amongst other metals

lisfisher

I know someone who lost a gold wedding ring somewhere within her perennial gardens. About 1/4 of an acre. I went with my detector to help her out and my machine went berserk. There is some kind of metal wire mesh underneath the majority of the garden. So, if I leave my machine disc turned down to pick up a gold signal, unfortunately it picks up the wire mesh as well and the detector goes nuts. Any suggestions?

You will likely find it where she dropped the clippings or took her gloves off. Like they said redue the sensitivity like you would in a competition hunt. You didnt say how capable you machine is... can it notch, learn, disc out certain VDI's, or construck a pattern? If so, learn the metal giving you problems and disc it out. Once thats done... diggit all the normal good targets, especially in the tab range.

You might try putting a similar gold ring down on top of the area and see if your machine sounds differently when over the ring. Then detect and only dig at these sounds. steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom