Poptop hunts beach with Hermit

poptop

Forum Supporter
We met up at the beach yesterday with the tide outbound. We found nothing of importance. We both found cheap rings and coins, nails, wire, fish hook, and poptops and pull tabs. Was the first time I had used the PI and that thing goes deep. The small 1 inch long fish hook was really deep. That is hard work digging the holes with a scoop. My back gave out befor the my will did. I can tell it today as it is still sore. Would be nice to live closer as that is the place to be when the time is right.
pop

Poptop I had a blast!Sure we didn't find much that time,but better days will come.I found enough wire to rebuild a crab trap!I stayed a couple more hours.
I found a nice little stainless lock blade knife and called it quits.
That ring you found may not have been a huge trophy,but the ole PI found her.Not a bad way to break it in.Hate yer back took the brunt of it.That wet sand is heavy and takes some getting used to.
We"ll hook up again when the tourist come in an deposit some goodies.

You got that right. Will let you know when and where we go for a week comming up later. Probably Morehead. Need a Nor'Easter as the man said yesterday. What we did in the surf and wet sand can be done most anytime.
Thanks for helping out with your knowledge.
pop

Thats cool that you two got out with the PI Pop... Watch your shoulder when digging those deep holes :)

Congrats on finding rings... Get in the water and look for depressions behind sand that is pushed up on or close to the beach and if there is no sand except a light coating and shells and gravel under the light coating of sand that is where you will score the gold... :)

My first find with a PI was a staple a foot down in the wet sand :( Its why I don't hunt it anymore :)

Craig, the tide was a minus one but the surf and the waves looked to me to keep the sand stirred up so it's not that clear to see the bottom. Would really have to watch the waves too as they could/would bust your butt. They had just recently put in sand as you could see where it had been pushed up to the steps of the houses. Replenishment? I think is what they call it. But it was real fun and I'll be back, even at $2.54 a gallon. :yes: We ran in to, or rather he found us, a guy who lives there and detects. He said he found a bunch of stuff over the years and was out on the wet and dry sand when we got there. Told us some places to go.
pop

Back
Top Bottom