gold resale value...?? please help~

Riffmeister

Forum Supporter
~ i have a question about reselling some heavy gold jewelry..., i have(.70oz.) 22 grams of 14karat 58.3% gold im trying to sell to help my detecting habit. My question is what could i expect (a rough number) to get for this??? I know there are some folks on here that are very sharp on sell & resell value.... now my hopes are not very high on actual payout but... the number i came up with was much higher than expected, and i know any buyer will not give the full value~
so if anyone has delbt with selling gold jewelry please give me a heads up!!
thanks..

ARA? Thank you , that is the same numbers i came up with!! If you could tell me what ara is that would be great~

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

i seriously was expecting much less since it is 14 K , but this will be very nice! im going to a local gold buyer tommarow to see what they offer... hopfully its somthing good~ thanks guys

i seriously was expecting much less since it is 14 K , but this will be very nice! im going to a local gold buyer tommarow to see what they offer... hopfully its somthing good~ thanks guys

I'll bet they low ball you and offer you $200 - $250 tops. I don't trust the local gold buyers. Please let us know how you make out and don't get low balled. The local gold buyers where I live vary quite a bit on price so check a couple of places if possible.

How about a pic of what you are selling.

update-

~ i went to my local coin&gold buyer , and he gave me 80% value.... witch came to $400. ~~ which is kick-ass! i didnt have to ship anything or do any long distance transactions. i can be very happy with this , now i can get my pinpointer and coil!!! yay. :kingdances:

I think 80 - 85% is good for local dealers / coin shops etc. And I agree better than sending it off. I would have done the same. It's good to have someone local to "stay in business" for the next time.

I'll bet if you become a regular, and / or bring more they up the percentage slightly.

he was a very legit and nice man, i spoke with him for quite awhile about coin hunting, values and resale pricing. if i remember right he said silver coins were 12x face value on average.... sounds good but i dont resell my silver coins. He showed me a gold coin that a boy brought in that had found it detecting a landfill!! it was priced at $450.was a awsome coin and you could see the scratch from someones digging tool on it~ was a sight to see-- I will be definitly gold jewelry hunting this summer!! ive made a good impression with him and established a good start, he also told me he was the highest paying gold buyer in placer county-- gold is popular around here.
I just ordered a 5"x10" DD 18.75k coil, and the minelab pinpointer, to me this is amazing considering it was just junk jewelry sitting in my jewelry box being ugly, now im very satisfied.
i found the jewelry laying on the ground.... but even more important i have a valid , local buyer i can trust! todays a good day. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom