Eagle buckle found at an 1830's home site.

Dave_e

Elite Member
Can anyone ID this eagle buckle?
Found at an 1830's home site about a foot from the stone pillar they tied horses too.
It's 3 1/8" x 2 1/8".

My fingers are crossed on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 598
Here’s the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 463
That buckle is a Beast! Great historical save. That's going to be a great area to further explore

Thanks again, and if anyone can recommend a good professional cleaner for this item I'd please let me know.

If it were on my shelf, I'd leave it as is. Maybe tooth pick a few more details out, but that's it.

I want to barf....only in OHIO would you find this, why me Lord? This is absolutely a spectacular find and rare as hens teeth. I took a rookie to a field the end of last season and he ended up hitting a partial one of these severely mangled from years of farmers plows batting is around...it was cool, but a heartbreaker it was not complete.

I would be careful to clean this, and then put it in a case...the less hands that touch it the better...proudly display this on brother, it might be your best find ever.

:dingding:No doubt in my mind, a find of a life time there. Just outstanding, congrats. And what others said, I wouldn't try to clean it any further. The dried dirt in the low areas help show off the detail. Clean that out and all of a sudden you have to start looking at it from different angles to see detail. Good luck, I would dig every signal in that area. Mark

Back
Top Bottom