Anyone using Garrett Z-lynk on Minelabs?

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
I'm so sick of wires on my explorer. I had a decent bluetooth set up,but lost the transmitter in the woods somewhere. If I get the z-lynk first thing I'm doing is painting it orange :laughing: anyone try the Z-lynk on FBS machines? I read somewhere they might not work well together. Thanks for any input!

I'm so sick of wires on my explorer. I had a decent bluetooth set up,but lost the transmitter in the woods somewhere. If I get the z-lynk first thing I'm doing is painting it orange :laughing: anyone try the Z-lynk on FBS machines? I read somewhere they might not work well together. Thanks for any input!

No idea if the z-lynk would work but the easiest and cheapest solution would be to buy another bluetooth transmitter...just make sure it's an AptX LL version to avoid lag.

What I did was glue some velcro on my machine and on the transmitter and it stayed in place fine...

No idea if the z-lynk would work but the easiest and cheapest solution would be to buy another bluetooth transmitter...just make sure it's an AptX LL version to avoid lag.

What I did was glue some velcro on my machine and on the transmitter and it stayed in place fine...

Good advice, thanks for your input!

I'm not going to pull the trigger, seeing alot of reports that the audio cuts in and out, and it doesnt seem to be a product defect. They just don't work well together apparently...

Garrett claims that their Z-Lynk works great on "MOST" detectors, so that leaves the door open to "maybe, maybe not". I can say that it works fantastic on my AT detectors. Maybe a call to Garrett would answer your question.....

I use the zlink on my eTrac for the past two years. Works great. The only thing you run into is finding a heavy duty rubber band to mount the transmitter to the thick eTrac handle. My Harbor Freight tumbler came with two extra rubber belts that turned out to be the ideal size for this!

I use the zlink on my eTrac for the past two years. Works great. The only thing you run into is finding a heavy duty rubber band to mount the transmitter to the thick eTrac handle. My Harbor Freight tumbler came with two extra rubber belts that turned out to be the ideal size for this!

Thanks for your replies everyone! I'm starting to think they just might work, definitely tempted to pick one up!

Does the Z Lynk come with its own headphones, or will it work with any Bluetooth AptX LL headphone?

You can get the kit with the headphones and transmitter OR a transmitter and receiver, so you can use your own corded headphones wirelessly from what I understand.

I use them on several of my detectors including the Etrac for the past two years, they work great with no problems.

Just a quick update, I ended up getting an awesome deal on the Z-lynk transmitter and receiver. Otherwise I probably would have went with the transmitter and Z-lynk headphones. Once it gets here I will update this thread with my results, thanks again for everyone's input!

Does everyone make their non-Garrett adapters to use the Z-Lynk system? I'm contemplating getting a Simplex+ and I'd love to save $90 if I can get an adapter to use (or try) my Z-Lynk from my AT Pro.

Back
Top Bottom