• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal Detecting Places Finding Great Hidden Places In You Zip Code

Cobia

Lost Recovery Team - Join Us Today

Now that you know were here you can start making some CASH Doing what you love to do… Treasure Hunting! The greatest thing is YOU WILL be HELPING people find what they thought was lost forever and to ENJOY their smiles you will get for doing what you love anyway!

UPDATE 6/13/2012: The Lost Recovery Team is now FREE for anyone to join....and have a profile page along with a blog with your name on that you can update and advertise on for yourself. You can use your blog to make money or just to share about your Metal Detecting and/or Treasure hunting experience, It's yours use it as you please, it must pertain to Metal Detecting/Treasure hunting/Gold Prospecting ETC...

I can appreciate your comment about “You have to pay to join .... so you can help people find their lost stuff?”

Now let’s pretend that we know nothing about metal detecting or we don't know anyone who does this. I mean how many people ask us all kinds of questions when were out swinging, why do they ask because they truly have no clue about it? Hell I know I didn’t when I got started and I still know very little other then what I read on forums like this.

Let me explain how this came about in the short version. If you look through my post you will see where I recently I found a really expensive white gold ring with a little over a half a karat. I did make a very short and brief post on Craigslist about finding a ring at a certain place.

Within 2 days I received 6 emails about the ring I found. None of them were the correct owner of this ring. Now I went back and searched through craigslist and not one of these people had posted about losing their ring, WHY ???

Duh, if my wife had lost a really nice ring the very last place I would post about it is on a flea infested swamp meet like craigslist. Everyone and there brother who reads it would be on it like flies on $#%^ and 90% of them would not say a word if they found it.

One of these people offered me some cash to come out and search for it in the location where they believed it to be lost.

If I had lost a really nice ring one of the first things I would do is search for a trusted person or company that would help me recover it.

Yes there is a small fee to be listed on lostrecoveryteam.com. $30.00 a year. Hardly thank anyone will get to rich of that. Especially if you count the time it takes to post the links and update profiles. Not to count the cost of paying Google, Yahoo, Facebook and other affiliate marking companies to promote the website. So when someone does do a search to find some help the website will come up in a quick search.

If you read through the site it talks about paying someone to come out and help you find your lost item for a little as some gas money to help cover some of the cost. I mean if you take into count the cost of gas, drinks etc… and we were able to start getting some of that back some of us would go out and hunt even more then we do now. Let’s not even talk about adding in a finder’s fee. But hey everyone is free to charge as much or as little as they want.

So yes in theory it’s a win/win for everyone.

Then there is the whole thing of relics on private property, wouldn’t it be nice to go hunt on private land and knowing you are the only one there and you’re just enjoying the hell out of hunting virgin land. Who will these folks call to find a trusted person to hunt their land?

Sorry didn’t mean to make such a long reply back but felt you called this out without really looking at.

If I was to make a 30.00 investment for pontential jobs what can you offer? as in what kind of advertisements do you have in place nationally to merit my investment for potential jobs? Anyone can set up a website heck I can have one tomorrow for my lost item recovery business if I wanted to but I work such a small area my business card/word of mouth method has worked great?

If I was to make a 30.00 investment for pontential jobs what can you offer? as in what kind of advertisements do you have in place nationally to merit my investment for potential jobs? Anyone can set up a website heck I can have one tomorrow for my lost item recovery business if I wanted to but I work such a small area my business card/word of mouth method has worked great?
The only thing I can offer as far as will you been seen in your area is this. I am going to run ads through Google, Yahoo and Facebook. All of these ads are keyed to key words, Metal detecting, lost my ring, relic recovery etc…

Take Google for example, when you log on to Google and type “Chinese restaurant”. Some of the first ones to come up are the big named ones like P.F. Chang. If you look just down the list some you will start seeing the ones that are local to you. Because Google is smart enough to see your location and it will try to provide you with businesses near you first.

Same rules apply to lostrecoveryteam.com, even though you may live in an area that is not as populated as somewhere like LA but you still have people and businesses in your town and Google knows this and will always try to match your searches to your area first. Then you put the ads that are going on Google they will always be on top or on the side to match the key words.

So how I cannot give you a guarantee that someone in your town will lose a ring tomorrow and then will run home and do a search to find someone trust worthy to help them find it. I can guarantee that from where we sit we will pay to have ads and they will all be tied to key words for lost, recovery, metal detecting etc…

Also it will help you a lot to self promote your link throughout your local town and business as well, make it part of your signature in your emails and on face book. You just never know who will see what when they see it.

I am not trying to sell advertising for super bowel commercials I am just trying to give people another place to help them find more areas to hunt or away to help absorb some of the gas we all spend going out hunting.

I am no internet marketing expert so if anything I have said above is not correct then please someone correct me. I am just explaining it the way it was explained to me about buying ads with the search engines. I will also be the first to admit I’m wrong when I am.

We have been helping people find their lost items for a while now. We do this at no charge. Always a rush when you reunite an owner with their lost treasure.:yes:

Attachments

• 100_0740.jpg
    100_0740.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,223
Well let me be the first to just I am sorry, kind of feel like I am just defending myself for no apparent reason. This post was put in a place where we can promote our websites, businesses etc… that pertain to metal detecting, done.

Thank you to our newest member for just joining and being the first member for Orange County California.

Albert Einstein once said:
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Cobia, hope you don't feel we are "piling on", but there are several free recovery groups around for both the loser and the finder.

Is this guy a sponsor here? If not, and if he is profiting from this, I am OFFENDED for all of our SPONSORS. How is this fair to the sponsors to allow this guy to advertise and make money on here if not a sponsor himself. If I am misunderstanding something, then the MODS can feel free to pull this post and PM me to enlighten me.

Its all good Seadog. I know when you make a post like this your putting it out there to ne chop off or complimented. I'm not upset at all.

@Robby

I did inquire about being a sponsor and when I did this I sent a copy of my link with my inquiry.

When I received my reply back I was giving the options for being a sponsor and I was also directed to this thread.

I log into the thread and read the rules. And they clearly stated this " Only threads containing information or products directly related to metal detecting and treasure hunting are allowed."

I am truly sorry you are so offended for others. But maybe next time you should take 2 seconds and read the rules before you openly blast somebody about their post.

Is this guy a sponsor here? If not, and if he is profiting from this, I am OFFENDED for all of our SPONSORS. How is this fair to the sponsors to allow this guy to advertise and make money on here if not a sponsor himself. If I am misunderstanding something, then the MODS can feel free to pull this post and PM me to enlighten me.

So is everyone who has a website supposed to starve? Are they not to make money to pay for the site that costs money for hosting, domains, and other fees, their time, knowledge, schooling, and skills? Are those not worth anything?

The rules don't state that you can't make money on your website. FMDF makes money, as does any other website that promotes themselves correctly.

Someone got all sideways on here once because my site has an upgrade package for donators. I guess he missed the memo about how much everything mentioned above cost me to get started. The person was also wrong, my site is FREE to join, you want extras, then help out with site maintenance fees with a donation.

Almost everyone who has a blog or website is making money either from ads or subscription packages etc, this guys site is not unique in that aspect.

Charging for membership is his prerogative, that doesn't mean that you have to join.

It just seems to me every time someone posts a metal detecting site that is not THIS site some of you jump down their throats with accusations and assumptions that may or may not even be true.

If you don't like his site, move on, but to post about how offended you are at his site design is a little over the top in my humble opinion, this section IS called Member Links...;)

I am just floored at what this post has turned into.

@ Ozarks, I couldn’t have said it better myself, wanted to but reframed as much as I could. (As I tip my hat).

Love it, hate it, and just think, you're thinking of it… Lostrecoveryteam.com

If you don't like his site, move on, but to post about how offended you are at his site design is a little over the top in my humble opinion, this section IS called Member Links...;)

You misunderstand.

Yes, I find his site intellectually and even possibly ethically offensive, but I never would have seen it to gripe about it UNTIL HE CAME HERE TO SOLICIT MEMBERSHIP.

If you don't think that makes him fair game, then I'm guessing you don't use spamtraps in your email, either. After all, they have to pay for websites, too, don't they?

Robby, there is nothing wrong with Cobia posting a link to his web site here. Check the rules for member links.

I raised the question originally not to start a flame war here, but because there are other "no fee" sites such as lostmystuff available. If Cobia want to charge a membership fee, that is his business.

Robby, there is nothing wrong with Cobia posting a link to his web site here. Check the rules for member links.

I raised the question originally not to start a flame war here, but because there are other "no fee" sites such as lostmystuff available. If Cobia want to charge a membership fee, that is his business.

and start smoking again, been smoke-free 74 days............................

Someday I hope to match that!

73 days after they bury me.

For now, I'm up to 'bout 30 minutes. Which reminds me...be right back...
buried my wife 7 months ago from lung cancer, I got the message.................it just doesnt happen to people you do not know or love................

Back
Top Bottom