nightmares

hunter081

Elite Member
Ok I know this isn't really metal detecting related but there are a lot of you fine people who may have a answer for me or experience what I do

Ok, so basically in short ill have a nightmare dream and wake up. Ill look around and come to my senses that it was just a nightmare and fall back asleep. The problem is when I do It starts exactly where it left off. Mainly bad car accidents or other worse things id rather not list.

So does anyone have or had experienced this??
id really love some help on what I can do to not have it pick back up where it left off at

Most people say never eat in hour before bed and try not to watch anything on tv that will give you nightmares. This is weird but I can tell you I have never had a dream or a nightmare and I'm 44 years old. My wife tells me you got to dream maybe you just don't remember them.

I kinda agree with the above post...

I lift weights and eat to build muscle. When I take protein shakes before bed I have the most insanely lucid dreams. Crazy dreams, last one was I had a talking pain in the neck pet raccoon that I tried to domesticate.. Unsuccessfully....you get my drift...

Without food I sleep the same....minus the wacky dreams. In a way I like the crazy dreams, its entertainment after all.

Try to concentrate on the woods like I do, I've actually had dreams help with my research.

Are you in NH yet!? We need to get out detecting soon if your now local.

I have horrible, violent dreams if I drink caffeine too late in the day. If I control my intake I do much better. GL.

Ok I know this isn't really metal detecting related but there are a lot of you fine people who may have a answer for me or experience what I do

Ok, so basically in short ill have a nightmare dream and wake up. Ill look around and come to my senses that it was just a nightmare and fall back asleep. The problem is when I do It starts exactly where it left off. Mainly bad car accidents or other worse things id rather not list.

So does anyone have or had experienced this??
id really love some help on what I can do to not have it pick back up where it left off at

Do you take any medications? A couple of people I know take beta blockers and one of the side effects can be 'vivid dreams'.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2013/04/08/bad-dreams-from-beta-blockers/

After having back surgery last year, I had some very wierd dreams from the meds I was taking. It was funny though because every night the dreams/nightmares would start right where I had left off from the night before.

When I got to the end of the dream, I had to retrace my steps through every dream to get back to the beginning. Once I got back there, they stopped.

I haven't had anymore wierd dream since then.

Though I do miss the meds they gave me.

I kinda agree with the above post...

I lift weights and eat to build muscle. When I take protein shakes before bed I have the most insanely lucid dreams. Crazy dreams, last one was I had a talking pain in the neck pet raccoon that I tried to domesticate.. Unsuccessfully....you get my drift...

Without food I sleep the same....minus the wacky dreams. In a way I like the crazy dreams, its entertainment after all.

Try to concentrate on the woods like I do, I've actually had dreams help with my research.

Are you in NH yet!? We need to get out detecting soon if your now local.

Hi jressman. Thanks for the info. Im not in New Hampshire yet. The wife and I will be on the road heading up on the 23rd. We expect late afternoon to evening arrival on the 25th as long as the great lord above keeps us moving down the highway steadily :) I cant wait to get there and meet up :)

Do you take any medications? A couple of people I know take beta blockers and one of the side effects can be 'vivid dreams'.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2013/04/08/bad-dreams-from-beta-blockers/

No Krystal I do not. Im 34 and in great shape. The only downfall I have is I chew dip. I try and not chew to late in the evening but lately these are horrifying dreams. Some weird things. last night I prayed for the Lord to watch over me and to not have such a bad sleeping experience. Wow its weird

After having back surgery last year, I had some very wierd dreams from the meds I was taking. It was funny though because every night the dreams/nightmares would start right where I had left off from the night before.

When I got to the end of the dream, I had to retrace my steps through every dream to get back to the beginning. Once I got back there, they stopped.

I haven't had anymore wierd dream since then.

Though I do miss the meds they gave me.
Tin Tin that has happened to me a lot. After I awake the dream starts where it left off.

...but lately these are horrifying dreams. Some weird things. last night I prayed for the Lord to watch over me and to not have such a bad sleeping experience. Wow its weird

Well, speaking of the Lord, there could be a few others things happening. Is it usually the same or similar dream?

Without knowing many details there could be symbolism involved or you even could be trying to be warned about something that you need to take action on or change direction on.

Regardless, just ask Him for wisdom and peace on what to do and then stand on this:

Proverbs 3:24
When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+3&version=KJV

Do you snore?

in addition to the other suggestions, if you snore and have very vivid "unpleasant dreams", you might want to get checked for sleep apnea. You don't have to be old or overweight to have it. Other symptoms might include waking up in a panic, bad taste in your mouth on awakening, feeling of fatigue, lathargy.
HH,
John Morton

in addition to the other suggestions, if you snore and have very vivid "unpleasant dreams", you might want to get checked for sleep apnea. You don't have to be old or overweight to have it. Other symptoms might include waking up in a panic, bad taste in your mouth on awakening, feeling of fatigue, lathargy.
HH,
John Morton

Thanks John. I appreciate the info. So far in a week it hasn't happened again. Maybe just buy talking about it helped. Who knows?

I def agree with the food eating/tv shows before bed. but also try to relax before bed. clear your head. I am a worrier. I worry about things that I cant even control. clear your mind, put on a fan for white noise, if you can stand the taste of hot teas, drink the night time celestial sleepy time teas. just relax before bed.

I have varying levels of nightmates every rest cycle. I don't count my bed "time" as real sleep, as it it takes me 10-12 hours trying to sleep well to heal at all. My issues are recently exaserbated by joint pain all over the body, especially laying. I have less than pleasant dreams each and every night. Lingering pain amplifies it. Everyone here who sleeps well should count your blessing.

I've not slept through the whole night in a decade.

Trade one issue for another.

I have varying levels of nightmates every rest cycle. I don't count my bed "time" as real sleep, as it it takes me 10-12 hours trying to sleep well to heal at all. My issues are recently exaserbated by joint pain all over the body, especially laying. I have less than pleasant dreams each and every night. Lingering pain amplifies it. Everyone here who sleeps well should count your blessing.

I've not slept through the whole night in a decade.

Panadol Night is available OTC here in Kuwait, and i take it to help with the aches and pains of old age (and generally falling apart.....). It does help me get to sleep and does not cause vivid dreams or nightmares, ONCE YOU GET USED TO IT. When I start taking it or stop taking it, though, I have had some dreams where "logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead". Some people seem to suggest that it is addictive, but i have used it off and on for about 3 years and have not found it hard to stop taking it for months at a time. The active ingredients are Paracetamol, and diphenhydramine hydrochloride.
You might see if you can find it and give it or something similar a try.

OTOH, the symptoms you describe are pretty similar to that I was experiencing before I got my sleep apnea treated.
Run down, exhausted, frequent headache, waking up in a panic, horrible taste in my mouth on waking, always wanting a nap, but never rested, body felt so heavy i could hardly move, muscles aching, bones aching, etc. Of course, being superman, I put off seeking treatment until I realized I was experiencing micro-sleep while driving down the highway.
I had a sleep study done and finally got a good night sleep for the first time in years, and as I continued treatment, I got my life back. I feel much better, and what is left of my brain started to work a little better.
I hope this helps you or anyone else that needs the info.

HH,
John Morton

Back
Top Bottom